Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gold laced shield bug? (not a bug)

So i was testig this card yesterday, it was working ok, until its last durability, when i used its ability to give +2 attack to an allies obviously the shield got destroyed but muy allie gained and then lost the +2 attack when gold-laced shield hitted the graveyard. I was playing ythan and i was pumping up a bobcat.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi there. Ongoing effects need their source to be in play to be sustained. For this reason, using the last durability of some cards for their specified effect will achieve nothing directly. (You may wish to use the ability to have the card destroyed for some other reason - e.g. trigger Survalist; get out of Sorcerer of Endia range, etc).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally think this is lame, the shield says to the end of turn. I get your logic , but....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats really confusing since the card says that it gains +2 attack till end of turn, and it dosent say anything about losing it when destroyed, like KP's.
    Thanks for the answer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortana View Post
    I personally think this is lame, the shield says to the end of turn. I get your logic , but....
    I also agree with this....it is really lame that it should work that way.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortana View Post
    Before the wording for DP got finalised, there was a huge call for removing "... while X is in play" from the wordings. At the time, no one could make strong argument as to why it should stay on the cards so we took it off, instead opting for a global rule that cards will only have an effect while in play.

I guess this is a situation where it would have been helpful to people to have it written on there, but, on the other hand, it is a good opportunity to learn the global rule for life.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes this card a lot less useful and doesn't make intuitive sense. If a card says you gain something until eot then that's how it should operate? No?

Something to fix in the next update I guess - "nerf" for the shield or perhaps you should just rework it do it has 4 durability but only 1 defence so you can use it 3 times

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most of the times i played the shield i could not make use of its ability because of its liw durability + the rule that dosent seem to make sense