Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF]Ter Adun: The Forgotten Warrior

This deck was effective pre-2.87. Now with 2.87 out and Cleric getting that much needed buff, I present to you all my most evil deck to ever grace the Halls of the Blue Phoenix, unmodified, for you all to enjoy.

1x Ter Adun
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Shadow Knight
    3x Cobra Demon
    1x Rampage
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    1x Morbid Acolyte
    2x Braxnorian Veteran
    1x Arthyle's Crypt
    4x Rothem's Visage
    2x Dragon's Tooth
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    3x Murderous Hulk
    4x Thriss Demolitionist

The deck basis is actually unusual in that while you are focusing on playing allies, half of the time your opponents are going to be very distracted. Many of the allies in this deck aren't just high health, but these are threats that your opponent expects but doesn't really want to deal with, resulting in your opponent hurting himself or using up valuable burn trying to deal with. In the end, they all make the same mistakes, allowing you to slowly push ahead. The sheer number of allies makes getting a lack of them virtually impossible, and by the time you hit t8, you are practically hasting in two very nasty threats at once. Make no mistake: Ter is out for blood.

**All cards in this deck are presented in the order of the Deckbuilder of Shadow Era, not based on Ally number or anything.**

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I just played against this deck with my Desperate Amber build.

Heidrek Rampant vs Roundishbag

Managed to pull out the win but very tough match, and when Rothems visage hit the table I would have been done for if not for superior board position allowing me to wear out its durability.

One point, coming at it from the opponents perspective I was crapping myself that you'd Spectral Sabre my crippling blow on Cleric of Asyn. With so many high healthy allies, flat out killing them is tough to achieve so you're going to end up with quite a few disabled allies on the table - a couple of spec sabres would probably really help turn matches.

Also, yari marksman would seem a good fit, especially with haste from the visage.

Take a look at the replay.
    Last edited by Heidrek Rampant; 10-16-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is the specific use of cobra demon? Anti stealth and something to spend se on?
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bloodpack shaman and Eleanor spring to mind for cobra demon but I'm guessing it's mainly because it's a must deal with threat with good hp and that will take out anything it gets into combat with eventually.

I was wondering that as well, didn't see it in my game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cobra demon is both ability damage and stealth. Most players have a tendency to hesitate attacking it, or they will attack it with 1 hp allies (gotta love that defender).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you deal with losing control of the board? Other than Rothems visage for hastey fatties do you a "turn the tables" strategy?

I think I just played another version of this deck and once I managed to get a few threats down and crippling blow/retreated those allies on deck already the opponent quit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    crippling blow isn't much of a threat, although Rothem's visage does help in getting a hasted TD to remove the CB. As far as retreats go, you do want to get to a high number of resources and are more or less playing a stalling game until you get the rothem's out. at that point, this deck hurts.