Close

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah that was you? Weird game, I kept drawing blakes all the time (he's now out of the test deck). Fun to see a Serena though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Ah that was you? Weird game, I kept drawing blakes all the time (he's now out of the test deck). Fun to see a Serena though!
    Hey Sol, weird game indeed. I had 1 Nightshade during the whole game, wondering if I forgot to add the others, and I got two more at the last round. In my opening hand I had 3 Throwing knives and 2 Night Prowlers, and I had to sacrifice 1 of each.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hah, seems like the curse of trash draws was upon us both.

[Edit]: Serena will be great once another set of weapons are added, doesn't really matter what it is as long as it is a weapon. Good card draw potential that is really lacking on Lance's part.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    However, Lance can keep his allies alive. A second turn Blake protected by Lance's ability, becomes 4 attack with Aldon in the following turn. Controlling the board will be a lot harder for Serena, because until she plays a weapon she's worthless, and even when she does, the weapon deals 1 damage; not enough to kill even Puwen, even with 1 extra damage from 1 Nightshade.

I just had a match with Dark Phoenix's Boris and I'm still in pain from the beating. I had a 38 card deck and I didn't draw a single Nightshade. Using his ability and 2 retreats he controlled the game, and I couldn't use Assassination. Other allies I played were killed by Jasmine and Boris. I didn't have in the deck "Lay Low" because I don't like it a lot, but I see now that it could help.
    Last edited by Anurak; 05-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, Lance has better ally-survivability for sure, but a good flow of cards is imperative when you try to recover from a bad start.

Junior Member Brainwashcitizens's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Yeah, Lance has better ally-survivability for sure, but a good flow of cards is imperative when you try to recover from a bad start.
    Still, only 1 weapon for her ability is not enough, the chances of getting it are way too low, and way too easy to counter... will have to try out these new heroes. Yay