Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Poison and burns.

I had a question, does poison stack? Do burns stack and if so is there a multiplier? If there isn't could you make one? Lol
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately, there aren't stacks for poison or burn, and I think they don't plan to do so
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    Unfortunately, there aren't stacks for poison or burn, and I think they don't plan to do so
    Dang they should they should limit it to 3 stacks. I don't see why... What could be the reason for it not stacking?

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the reason is that as it is, it's balanced that there aren't simple ways for each hero to deal with it - i.e. just race them. If it were possible to stack them, then pure DoT builds would be viable, and people would need to start playing condition removal cards, which are not versatile at all. So it'd be like if millstalker were very popular and so everyone had to start carrying 2 widespread decays. Except it'd be worse because the condition removal cards would be dead draws in 90% of matchups. Currently it is possible to stack DoTs by putting Curses on items as a mage (+poison and Burn) and since mages also have transmogrification, it's viable in all matchups (except maybe attachment Jericho) - either they've got items or they've got allies that can be turned into items. So it's potentially possible to get 6 points of DoT simultaneously in a game. It's just not efficient to try to do so. That's really where the balance should be.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont see why it could hurt the balance. Adding counterweight by allowing cards such as."antidote" and "heal burns" would make for.another bunch of wonderful cards and yet another mechanic to deal with. I also think it would force people to have larger decks. Just an opinion however. Open a window before you close all the doors. Lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstinLastout View Post
    I dont see why it could hurt the balance. Adding counterweight by allowing cards such as."antidote" and "heal burns" would make for.another bunch of wonderful cards and yet another mechanic to deal with. I also think it would force people to have larger decks. Just an opinion however. Open a window before you close all the doors. Lol
    Yeah I think that last point is the most important, and those removal cards that need to be added also need to be versatile. They can't just cure poison or even cleanse conditions. A DoT deck would place continuous pressure on the opponent and therefore require several cards in a deck to counter. Those cards have to be generally useful, or the deck becomes pure NPE. As it stands, 3 stacks of Dots is akin to an ally that can only be killed with one otherwise useless card. There are also easy ways to apply this - for example rogues can poison weapons. Nobody uses that card because it's a mediocre effect and requires a combo, but if it stacked it would be abused.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Yeah I think that last point is the most important, and those removal cards that need to be added also need to be versatile. They can't just cure poison or even cleanse conditions. A DoT deck would place continuous pressure on the opponent and therefore require several cards in a deck to counter. Those cards have to be generally useful, or the deck becomes pure NPE. As it stands, 3 stacks of Dots is akin to an ally that can only be killed with one otherwise useless card. There are also easy ways to apply this - for example rogues can poison weapons. Nobody uses that card because it's a mediocre effect and requires a combo, but if it stacked it would be abused.
    What like GR was/is? Or maybe the Shammy loop? It's all relative. You need other cards to balance everything in this game, however sometimes even another card doesn't fix the issue and a nerf is in order. I have full confidence that wulven could easily implement stacks via poison burn and frost damages in a balanced manner. It would be fun is all i am saying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The stacks for this are...
    Poison, Flames and Incendiary Curse. It's annoying as is and Rejuvenating Ritual doesn't help much since DoTs can just be added again if stacking were possible
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง