Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tman's 2.87 Art Review Thing

Cinderborn Fatebreaker: Good grief that name sounds odd, lol. As for the art, looks okay to me. Only issue I have with it is just that it appears to sort of just be a shadow, lacking in any sort of detail on the body of the character itself. Also (and this might be just my eyes doing weird things) but in some spots there appears to be a sort of “watermark” effect made up of what look like some letters. Almost looks like the letters of the placeholder card name is sorta still there actually.

Sindarok Apprentice: Old Oliver art, flipped. At least it fits here, makes much more sense with the arcane damage thing. Although as Ness said in the 2.87 thread, we should probably change the card text to not refer to this card as a “she” anymore, cause it’s clearly not now.

Bloodpack Shaman: Finally some artwork for the Wulvens, and man is it cool. This one fits really nicely, that staff definitely gives him the shaman look.

Dread Wolf: Excellent!!! Fits so well. Ally has haste, and the artwork definitely shows it. Simply brilliant.

Reverberate: So I guess Preybird is just the resident Elemental class artist now, lol. A little less “textured” than some others (especially from the 2.86 bunch), but still pretty cool. Also neat easter egg of sorts that it’s modeled from Veles.

Exaltation: This one goes back to the more “textured” look. Very nice job PB, you have definitely made the SF group of Elemental class cards a great looking bunch. Also, even though this one is apparently not modeled on Veles, it does look similar enough to have a bit of connection lore wise possibly. Maybe after that character got "Reverberated" he burst into flames for his "Exaltation".

Twilight Eidolon: So cool. Same guy who did the two Wulven arts for this update, and I’ve gotta say I hope we see more from him, cause I quite like his style.

Sorta a quicker update here, so obviously not as many artworks, but some very nice ones. Good to see more by PB and to finally get some Wulvens in there with this new artist (at least I don’t recall that particular name on a card ever).
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The new Wulven artist is definitely one to watch. Love what Ive seen so far.

Also thanks
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have the feeling like all the elemental art are looking the same with the only exception of Reverberate most of them have the same color background black and purple and the same textures but that's only my point of view, the only one that I like so far is Reactorary .
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope artist who's done new Wulven art does more art for SE. Really good pieces for Shaman and Dread Wolf.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    I have the feeling like all the elemental art are looking the same.. .
    They use similar colour palettes yes, it's intentional and designed to promote cohesion as a set. Each class has (in my mind at least) it's own colour scheme:

Warriors: Earthy tones
    Hunters: Greens and Browns
    Mages: Blue, green, purple (otherworldly and magical)
    Priests: blue, white, vibrant greens, gold, silver
    Rogues: dark tones, navy blue, brown, blacks.
    Elementals: Reds, oranges, yellows, purples. Almost all hot colours. Blue and green are contrast colours.
    Wulven: Blues, blacks, greys. Red is contrast and highlight colour.

The idea being that you can identify where a card sits solely on it's colour scheme.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a fan of the reverberate I'm afraid. Shoulder plates and face just look wrong. Eidolon is excellent.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Not a fan of the reverberate I'm afraid. Shoulder plates and face just look wrong. Eidolon is excellent.
    I agree. I want Twilight Eidolon playmat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    I have the feeling like all the elemental art are looking the same with the only exception of Reverberate most of them have the same color background black and purple and the same textures but that's only my point of view, the only one that I like so far is Reactorary .
    I have the same thoughts, many of them look very similar. Also, I don't know if it's the cropping but it's hard to tell what some of the art works are even depicting. My least favourite is Shocking Grasp; the texture looks cheap and there's no contrast between the creature and the background. My favourite is Reactorary; the dark background and bright colors of the creature go well together, and unlike the other arts it's not a humanoid.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no problems with PB's works. They're cohesive, which is nice. My favorite is Reactorary, just like others have said, but I still like the others. Wulven Art and Twilight Eidolon is very nice, too.

Not sure I get Sindarok being Oliver's old art. Doesn't feel Priestly. It's definitely a Mage card.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those are really good. Where were they posted originally?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was happy to see that there was some additional art work for the cards. PB is a wonderful artist, as I see it everyone is calling him the resident ele artist. I can't disagree with that title. Whomever this Wulven artist.is, bravo sir. I have seen many attempts at making wolfmen, worgen, werewolf look standoutish I can say you have my attention. I really do hope to see more from this artist in the near future. -cheers
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."