Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug List - 2.87

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not exactly sure of what's supposed to happen here:

I have Wrath of the Forest out and I attack with a Jeweler's Dream into a Ricochet Trap. The Trap triggers, I deal 0 damage to myself and I do not renew any resources.

1) Shouldn't my JD's on-attack resource renewal happen before my opponent's trap cancels my attack?
    2) I keep forgetting if RT damage is ability or combat damage. Should it be reduced by my armor?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post

I have Wrath of the Forest out and I attack with a Jeweler's Dream into a Ricochet Trap. The Trap triggers, I deal 0 damage to myself and I do not renew any resources.

1) Shouldn't my JD's on-attack resource renewal happen before my opponent's trap cancels my attack?
    2) I keep forgetting if RT damage is ability or combat damage. Should it be reduced by my armor?
    1) I can't remember, does resource renewal for JD work even if you don't deal damage? Like if you hit armor or a gargoyle? If it doesn't, then the trap would prevent you from getting the 2 resources. That said, that contradicts the JD wording since it only refers to attacking, not dealing damage.

2) I'd assume RT is ability damage, but yes that is also unclear.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL

1) JD says "When your hero attacks", so I would assume that it doesn't have to do damage.
    2) I'm pretty sure Ricochet Trap is supposed to be considered ability damage.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    1) JD says "When your hero attacks", so I would assume that it doesn't have to do damage.
    2) I'm pretty sure Ricochet Trap is supposed to be considered ability damage.
    You are correct on both counts, tman. I guess I better look into this.

For future reference, if a card's ability says that an ally/hero "takes X damage" then that's always ability damage. (I appreciate the original wording of Ricochet Trap said combat damage, but we've cleared that up now for 2.87!)

UPDATE: Seems we did originally intend for Ricochet Trap to cause the combat damage from an attack to be redirected to the attacker, since hero armor is still blocking it. But at some point we decided within the DT that we'd prefer it to just be ability damage and we've been progressively fixing up wording and behaviour to match that. I'll fix up the armor blocking aspect and then I think it'll be correct. I'm really sorry for all confusion caused up to this point with this card, especially to FDL!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Only had this happen against the AI, so no particular game to reference (on 2.87 though), but it seems that when you use the effect of Crystal Shards while you only have 1 card left in your deck, that card gets exiled, instead of discarded. At least I'm assuming it gets exiled, it certainly doesn't go to the graveyard.

Edit: Tried to replicate it again against the AI and it didn't happen this time. But it has definitely happened before when a card just disappears. It might actually have something to do with All Hope is Lost, as I think that is the card it happens with, at least in the above reported example.
    It's likely to do with the ability trying to discard one and draw one, when there is only one in the deck. I'll look into it.

UPDATE: I couldn't replicate the issue either. The one card gets discarded and then inability to draw one just causes 1 damage to hero. If you happen to run into it in PVP, I'll take a look at the replay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Chimera uses ability under Shard of Power and dead.
    How were you able to use his ability when his health was 1? It's not possible. The game won't let you activate it unless he has current health of 4 or more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Bp maxi1230 vs A1 Vyz.
    I can't target Thunderstrike Construct with Coercion.
    Gondorian i am not sure if you got this one since it is not on the Current fix list.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Gondorian i am not sure if you got this one since it is not on the Current fix list.
    Thanks for bumping. This is actually fixed by the other fix for Thunderstrike Construct. Coercion checks for valid targets based on whether you are able to play that ally yourself (e.g. to prevent you controlling two Aeons), so currently you will not be able to Coerce it unless there are other opposing allies as well because it thinks there needs to be an opposing ally to summon it. If it didn't work when he was not the only opposing ally, then please let me know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    I had a game where I had 3 FFM in play and used the ability of all 3 and every single one gave the exact same card when I tried to shuffle (and I still had over 40 cards in my deck, so I know there is some bug here that makes the same card just rise and fall with no shuffle...I will report the game next time I see it)
    I haven't tested this, but the rise / fall animation when you draw the same card (rather than deck to hand) - is that what the opponent sees? Because that is potentially valuable information (the fact that you tried to cycle a card, and redrew the same card) that would not be available in the physical game. So it may be worth changing that even if this isn't a bug.

I can imagine situations, where this would make a difference. For example, playing against a priest with 1 card in hand. If they try to cycle it and I just see it go up and down, I can be confident in my turn that they probably don't have a Tidal Wave in hand (for example).

Similarly, when stealing cards with Thoughtripper's cutlass by killing allies, it shows an animation of a card either coming from the opponent's hand or directly from the deck. This also gives some information (did the opponent think this card was important enough not to resource it?). It also denies information to the opponent (what card came from my deck). Both of these would be different in the physical game, where the opponent would see the card that came from the deck, and then shuffle their hand, allowing the opponent to choose a card at random (without knowing which came from the deck).
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-23-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    How were you able to use his ability when his health was 1? It's not possible. The game won't let you activate it unless he has current health of 4 or more.
    Sorry and thanks... and I'm still wondering what's the difference between krygon and chimera's ability?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements