Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ythan - Venom's Attack

Hello,

Although 2.87 just came out, 2.86 was just recently introduced with Ythan new ability rework. This deck was tested all around the short period of 2.86 around 100 games+, and is a very solid deck. I took it to 300+ rating 7 days into the season. After that i fell down a bit to the 280+ and found it compettive enough.
    The change in Ythan ability is great IMO. Although loosing the +1 for attacking, it is now more spammable and thus alowing also to use as SE sinks when needed

***HERO***
    Ythan Redthorn

***Allies (18)***
    2x Armored Sandworm
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Layarian Seductress
    4x Zailen Crusader
    4x Venomflame Archer
    4x Deepwood Bobcat

***Abilities (16)***
    3x Surprise Attack
    1x Ley Line Nexus
    2x The Perfect Shot
    2x A Legend Rises
    4x Raven's Gambit
    1x Sever Ties
    1x Road Less Traveled
    2x Poisen Arrow

***Items (6)***
    3x Snare Trap
    3x Decoy Trap

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

2.86 has brough a change to Ythan ability, allowing him to hit twice with hero or ally but loosing the +1 buff and have a reduced cost of 3SE
    Now Ythan ability allows him to control board very easily once he has board presence (with suplamentry hunter card pool). Problem he has is slow early game (as do all human hunters have), problem reclaiming board at early stages if he has no presence on board and lack of relaiable draw engines
    Therefore this deck was designed to mitigate those problems

The name of the deck come from using Venomflame Archer to allow us board control and Suprise attack which give us drawing power and versatility with Ythan ability
    This deck operates on 6-7 resources max (no need for more)
    This is a mid-late control deck looking for game board lockdown before smashing hero

I'll break down the deck
    First but not least - No 2cc ally drop. This is intentional as 2cc drop is reserved for traps that should support our game plan

Layarian Seductress - When going second she is great. can drop her then use ythan ability next turn to hit for 4 undamaged. even when going first due to low resource needed she is very useful
    Zailen Crusader - Very helpful in this deck as we have 7 attachment. Especially good with Bobcat as T3 zailen and T4 bobcat + gambit gives bobcat haste
    Venomflame Archer - Your board Lockdown Girl . She is an immediate threat to be handled or she will be able to lock down board alone with her ability + ythan ability
    Deepwood Bobcat - Your Go to guy when you need to reclaim board. If you have Zailen out then Bobcat + gambit on T4 + ythan ability is pretty much board wipe. At T5 you can go with bobcat + SA which net you 2 cards + board wipe
    Braxnorian Soldier - Anti haste guy. 6hp so he survive nova and stuff. opponents with 3hp and less cannot attack him. All in all much needed ally
    Armored Sandworm - Your Tank. Hard to get rid off, soften up opponents, and everything else

Snare Trap/Decoy Trap - your 2cc drop. Both are designed to allow your 3cc ally (hopefully Archer and sometimes Zailen) to survive long enough to do thier thing (Archer lock board, Zailen supports Bobcat Haste). both have thier uses but if going second i prefer Decoy more and if first i prefer Snare.

The Perfect Shot - soften up hard to hit allies, then you can finish them off or just put Gambit on them to kill + 2 cards immediatley
    Ley Line Nexus - Our tech cards for specific situations
    A Legend Rises - for all crippling attachments. It combines well with Ythan as it allows + 4 damage at one turn (usually by suprise)
    Road Less Traveled - Additional draw + handle crippling attachments
    Poisen Arrow - Disable ally to let us soften him up or allowing additional reinforcments to arrive. Also combo with Bobcat

Hunter Gambit - very useful new tool for hunters. It is still problematic against Solo heroes
    Suprise Attack - This card is great with Ythan. It gives you a card per damage done. With ythan ability you can drop it, use ability then get 2 cards out of it immediatley (so basically it is like TH but better as you get cards immediatley). If you in control of the board then it can give you cards even later (it also gives cards when defending). This card also gives ambush so you can soften enemies up for the kill. This card works great with the Archer, Bobcat, Brax and SW.
    With the archer you can do 5 damage per turn without getting hurt (2 with ability, 3 with ambush attack) + card.
    With Bobcat it allows him to haste on the turn he is summonend
    With Brax it allows to lower hp for allies without retaliation and then Brax passive ability will not allow then to attack him so it makes him that harder to handle
    With SW his ability allows him to steak to the board enough to draw lot's of cards
    All in all the card in Ythan is great

Deck play:
    Going First
    T1 nothing
    T2 Snare/Decoy
    T3 Archer / Zailen
    T4 If archer was played then use ability to control board. In addition bobcat/SA/Crusador + SA/Crusador +Gambit.
    If Zailen was played then Bobcat + Gambit + ability (hit for 6, get 2 cards)
    T5 Brax/SW/bobcat+SA/bobcat+Gambit

Going Second
    T1 nothing
    T2 Decoy/Snare/Gambit
    T3 Archer / Zailen / LS
    T4 If archer was played then use ability + SA + Ythan ability (hit for 6 + 2 cards + 2 damage for ally on start of next turn).
    If Zailen was played then bobcat + Gambit.
    If LS was played then Zailen + Gambit/SA + Ythan ability (hit for 4 + 2 cards)
    T5 Brax/SW/bobcat+SA/Gambit

Sideboards:
    Raven - This girl is great with ythan ability to stop any threat on board (hit 2 times, two allies lowered to zero attack)
    Jasmine - This girl can provide lockdown to board like archer (but with less affect as ally stays on board)
    Viska - Good for reclaiming board with no conditions attached
    Wymer the lionheart - Want your guys to stick on board more? why not adding them HP with Wymer?
    Fortified Wisp - Replace your SW with wisp to lower your curve. With ythan ability and Archer ability he can now kill allies easily and buff attack.
    Net Trap - Does the same affect as snare at starting stages (disable T2/3 drops of enemy so Archer/Zailen can survive) but also has effect in later stages (can stop also fatties). Still has downside against some ally that we want to totally remove and not just disable (Night Owl, Bloodpack Shaman, Devoted Knihgt, Etc`)
    SoalSeeker - Health me up please
    Spirit Shurikan - If you lost board completey
    Dawn Raid - items destruction
    The Last harvest - Make your allies survive more and hit stronger? yes please.

below are 2 gameplays of the deck (sorry but no commentary)
    Last edited by segalion; 10-19-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am surprised that i don't see Viska.
    Also i think Surprise Attack is bad and Treasured Heirloom also works better with Ythan.
    Venomflame surely is interesting.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TH gives us +1 attack (so +2 with ythan ability) but SA is somewhat better in ythan IMO
    If you attach is and then use ythan ability then you get 2 cards (same as TH) but you get them immediatley and not when that ally dies. Afterwards it is a free additional cards you can get (If you have decoy out you can get a card without getting hurt. Heck, it can even get MC and since you are swinging you also get a card out of it).
    Now since this deck looks for board lockdown and then goes for face, i think SA is better here then TH (although in general it is not so good card).
    BTW additional benefit is ambush (with regards to ythan ability) so i can have archer out, and on T4 attach SA, use archer ability and attack with ambush so 5hp swing with no damage to my main lockdown guy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of the new Heroes I didn't like so much but you've made him look good ...(I've tried watching your games only you snuck in Banebow)
    One question .. Are you aware that Layarian Seductress and Venomflame Archer don't resemble males at all
    Gotta show these gals respect .. They're winning games for you
    Last edited by Alien Fungus; 10-18-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    One of the new Heroes I didn't like so much but you've made him look good ...(I've tried watching your games only you snuck in Banebow)
    One question .. Are you aware that Layarian Seductress and Venomflame Archer don't resemble males at all
    Gotta show these gals respect .. They're winning games for you
    TY very much
    Those girls certianly does
    I am now working on second part of the Archer trilogy so BB is sneaking in

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Very nice write-up!