Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    maybe it just needs a few retools and it might just be worth something.

I now see Oliver Fagin is getting alot more play now. Ive liked him since is first Art work lol

how do you guys feel about him now that hes tends to get alot more play?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanRogue View Post
    maybe it just needs a few retools and it might just be worth something.

I now see Oliver Fagin is getting alot more play now. Ive liked him since is first Art work lol

how do you guys feel about him now that hes tends to get alot more play?
    Yes he became viable with the buff and also has great artwork now. He works in this deck as a gamechanger since the most time you play him you have a full hand and he can swing for 7/8 with haste.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Yes he became viable with the buff and also has great artwork now. He works in this deck as a gamechanger since the most time you play him you have a full hand and he can swing for 7/8 with haste.
    Have you tried out Mystic of the Vale like mentioned in an earlier post? Would be nice late game combo - Drop MoV with Zailen Crusader out, use SE ability on MoV, drop attachment and attack, then use ability to bounce and attack with MoV. Also can bounce Coercion as well. Maybe include 2 and try it out?
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think 2-3 Zealous Mystic would be good. It lets you get a second boosted up attack out of Backstab and ALR, and it removes Captured Prey, etc from Irina.

Oliver Fagan is so good in this deck I'm kind of wondering if it makes sense to drop -1 Coercion and do 3 copies of each instead of 4 Coercion/ 2 Oliver.

Also, I wonder if going down to 3 copies of Confluence would still work all right, with all the cantrips in this deck it seems like you would probably still draw it early enough to be useful. I've noticed in testing this that the loss of life can be problematic, so much so that I don't usually drop Confluence on my second turn unless I have a particularly attachment-heavy hand to support it. I think it's better to sculpt a hand, and then drop Confluence and go off for a few consecutive turns to create an overwhelming lead and mitigate the loss of life. It's particularly for this reason that I feel like you could safely go down to 3 copies... What do y'all think?

And one more thing: do you think adding 2-3 Stop Thief! might be a good idea? Seems to me like Snow Sapphire or similar armors might be a real problem...

EDIT: I could see maybe going down to 2 Final Flourish maybe as well... And maybe adding a Growing Bog-Dweller?
    Last edited by DukeDemonKn1ght; 11-03-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Please vote for me in the Wulven Apprentice contest to win my dream job on the Shadow Era design team!
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ates-and-Teams

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aha, I've spied on maxi playing this deck before. Irina + Lance + Backstab + Silent Strike is to die for.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been making tweaks and twists on this deck and its meta worthy except with Badurru which is basically an autoloss.
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    I've been making tweaks and twists on this deck and its meta worthy except with Badurru which is basically an autoloss.
    Hmm. I actually think Baduruu is one of my better matchup but I way more allies than maxi. Playing an ally and clearing their board everyturn makes it hard for them to get kills off of their 3 attack weapons.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Hmm. I actually think Baduruu is one of my better matchup but I way more allies than maxi. Playing an ally and clearing their board everyturn makes it hard for them to get kills off of their 3 attack weapons.
    I suppose I can playtest your deck as well but yeah mostly its the lack of allies that tend to shoot this deck in the foot. Other than that its pretty solid
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    I suppose I can playtest your deck as well but yeah mostly its the lack of allies that tend to shoot this deck in the foot. Other than that its pretty solid
    I actually added 3 seductress and 1 Oliver now and took out the heal.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn