Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF]Serena Robber Paradise

As I think I will switch to other hero, I decide to post my Serena deck. This deck brought me to maximum 335 rating (before droping rapidly due to a lot of DC) and gave me 13 win streak(including some MS and ravager). New cutlass is so fun I often use my opponent's cards to win my game.

Here is my deck

***HERO***

Serena Thoughtripper

***Allies (15)***

2x Lily Rosecult
    3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    3x Night Owl
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Wily Smuggler

***Abilities (11)***

3x Assassination
    4x Stop, Thief!
    4x Backstab

***Items (4)***

4x Ill-Gotten Gains

***Armors (2)***

2x Black Garb

***Weapons (8)***

2x Anklebreaker
    4x Thoughtripper's Cutlass
    2x Spirit Shuriken

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

This is a fresh new serena deck with a lot of fun stuff from SF. Let's look at some cards.

-- Lily Rosecult --
    She is my favorite ally since the time I played hand destruction garth, and now she is still useful. With 14 item in this deck, you will have a lot of way to use her and she is the reason I use only 2xAB. She has nice synergy with Wily as she gives you more items to trigger his ability.

-- Fleet-footed Messenger --
    Wreon's divine serenaty really made me a fan of FFM. In his deck, FFM is very useful with 4xAssassination, but he is even more useful in this deck. FFM + backstab guarantee you that backstab won't be a dead draw and it often surprises my opponent. With 3 different weapon in this deck, his shuffle is very handy.

-- Wily Smuggler --
    He is a very underestimated ally. Perfect opening of this deck is like this, t1 nothing -> t2 Ironmonger(optional) -> t3 Wily -> t4 IGG + backstab killing opponent's t3 ally and draw a card. Even without that combo he is still great in this deck. His 5 hp makes him survivable enough for being a target for Assassination. The play I like the most is playing him the turn before you use Cutlass to steal card so he will renew resource for you to use stolen card in the same turn. 4t Wily + Shuriken + backstab will stop all kind of rush. He is also the reason why I use only cheap allies.

-- Backstab --
    The star of this deck!!! If you use it to kill opponent's ally (especially in early game) it means 1 card advantage. 9 allies in this deck is hard to kill so they won't die easily before you can use backstab on them. It is also very good in late game to boost your damage output before some opponent might kill you (Zal, burn mage). Very useful against mage as you don't need to risk another ally to nova just to have more damage output. Its ambush also makes disable from AB less necessary.

-- Thoughtripper's Cutlass --
    The real star of this deck!!! Use buffed cutlass to kill ally only when necessary because that is only 1 card advantage, hit the hero instead. Your game won't be boring any more because every game is now different. It's great when you steal opponent's power cards like MC, KP, Stop thief!, Nova, any ally removal(make your allies safer and help kill opponent's allies). it used to be bad for your opponent when those cards are simply discarded, but now it's even worse, so I call Cutlass a "Luck amplifier". Here are some example from my real gameplay.
    - Stealing MC and my opponent is stupid enough to drop 4/3 reactorary next turn.
    - Stealing KP and my deck becomes haste Serena.
    - Stealing Shadow font and steal more card.
    - Stealing Night Prowler, Speed strike and steal 2 cards in one hit.
    - Stealing Nathanias.
    - Stealing Charred cowl of the damned and some more undead allies so you have your own undead army.
    - Stealing NYM or DfA and kill stealth ally.
    - Stealing Bloodthirsty and use it with backstab on NO/FFM
    - Stealing FB and gg.
    There is another possibility that I rarely use. If you get a crappy card, you can use FFM to send them back and draw a card from your own deck instead.

-- Spirit Shuriken --
    Hard counter to Moonstalker, Tala, Elementalis, Aramia or any builds with hard-to-kill allies. t7 Shuriken + blackgarb is almost board wipe. You only need this card once in any game because it will scare the shit out of your opponent.

Fun fact : Ravager isn't that hard to beat if you play it right. They tend to empty their hand pretty quickly.
    This deck's greatest weakness : Edgenel, I never won against him from our 5 matches. If you see a lot of edgenel in the meta, switch to another deck!

Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by chamthabo; 10-10-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    chamthabo
    Sandrider of Arrakis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN : BP chamthabo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lovely deck Chamthabo, always been a great fan of Divine Serenaty, so will definitely give this one a go, thanks 4 sharing
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the write-up chamthabo! I've been watching your games and you really turned me around on wily smuggler. I have some other combos with him in my Garth deck as well:
    T3 Wily Smuggler
    T4 Backstab on Smuggler + The Last Harrvest + Refund from Smuggler + Midnight Sentinel on Smuggler (making him a 5/7 for the turn - 3/7 next turn)
    T5 IGG + activate harvest now i've got a 4/8 a 2/6 and maybe a 3/4 from t2.

-obviously that's a really complicated combo, and the deck doesn't depend on it, I just happened to have all those cards once and pulled it off.

I also started using him and midnight sentinel and 4x backstabs in my serena deck and it's doing well. There are only so many cheap removal cards in a deck, and having 5 hps running around exhausts them.

I changed my entry on smuggler in my serena profile and gave you a nod yesterday, and now I see you've posted your deck! I'm sure people would love to see it on shadowera.net as well.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-10-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW, this is my current Serena deck, loosely inspired by watching you play a few days ago:
    http://tools.shadowera.net/cards/#/v...e198x2:sf195x3

Hero: Serena Thoughtripper (41 cards)

Allies (16):
    4x Nightshade
    3x Skilled Ironmonger
    2x Fleet-footed Messenger
    4x Midnight Sentinel
    3x Wily Smuggler

Abilities (10):
    4x Backstab
    3x Assassination
    3x Stop, Thief!

Items (14):
    3x Black Garb
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Spirit Shuriken
    2x Anklebreaker
    3x Thoughtripper's Cutlass
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-10-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love both
    Of these decks. I switched to Shuriken as well. Thanks for sharing. Also willy is underestimated and should be in every rogue deck IMO.

Peace..
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Incidentally, my favorite steals with cutlass was a single game vs a haste Jericho. I got a bad draw and made it worse by assuming he was playing an attachment deck, but managed to get back in the game with 5hp left. Then I stole his only card in hand - a Healing Touch.

Next turn, his only card in hand was a Tidal Wave, which I also stole.

Turn after that he played two allies, and I Tidal Waved em.

A few turns later he got me down to 1 hp, and then I stole another Healing Touch from him. He got so mad, cursed me out and quit, and I loved it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    funny story- I just played my variation on this deck and was accused of netdecking. The truth is, I shamelessly copied this deck by scoping Chamthabo, and then modified it...so not quite netdecking. Anyway, I've got 3 serena deck slots and I switch between them a lot. So then I was like, it could be a net deck, I'm not sure if it's mine or Chamthabo's or Preybird's - turns out it was mine. So I think I just netdecked my own deck.