Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

(SF) Banebow - Ravager Deck

After the buff to ravagers in 2.86 I have been trying them in several decks , so far one that is working pretty well in the 300+ ratings is BB , not sure if its as good as a more generic BB but has different strengths and definitely is funier to play.

***HERO***
    Banebow

***Allies (19)***
    4x Ironhide Karash
    2x Spitfire Hound
    3x Ravager Zealot
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    4x Murderous Hulk
    2x Thriss Demolitionist

***Abilities (9)***
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    2x The Perfect Shot (Use Mark of the Feared if you don't find many fatties)

***Items (11)***
    2x Obelisk of echoes
    3x Thriss Almanac
    3x Wrath of the Forest
    3x Soul Seeker

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

How to play:
    Basically you play it as a standard BB but with lots of tricks, always keep an eye on all the card combos you can do, since is not as strong early game as a normal BB try not to loose early game board control.

Some card choices:

Karash: BB really needs a 2cc drop and none of the 2cc ravagers allowed me to combine it with BB ability to kill a 4hp ally, anyway Karash is too good to pass.

Spitfire + Zealot, more than an ally they are more a kind of ability, the combo pretty well with hunter's gambit.

Shriek of Vengeance: sometimes when your opponents see that you play ravagers they are very cautious about playing creatures or just instakill yours so some unconditional item destruction helps.

Thriss Almanac: This card really good after the buff in 2.86, hulks are really devastating with it in play, anyway, don't hesitate to sac it to a Zealot or Spitfire if you need it that 2 damage to everything are really helpful and you will draw another soon enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing!

I really dislike the 2 cc ravager allies, i always use complementary 2 cc non ravagers allies to avoid these design failures in my humble opionion..

However you included only 2 spitfire, which is gladly not 4, Krygon will do better job than spitfire..

But for sake of flavor and its only 2 cards..so not a problem...they are used as a combo which make them not used constantly..

KArash is a very solid as 4 as a complementary 2cc non ravager to fill the gap of 2 cc ravager alliies..you included and better than spitfire

Nice deck man! good job
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 10-10-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So thought i would try this deck and holy shit!!! 6-0 in 280-290 range. Love it. Thanks for posting
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Going to run this later with exact list...will try to remember to update...

Edit: Really impressed with this decklist. Only played s few games but it seems to have a good spread of cards as I often had answers or a strong play at the right times. This is at 290-300 range
    Last edited by akratch; 12-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how do you feel about this deck in the current meta? ive been thinking of trying it out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At the moment I'm fully committed to PFG4 so I don't really know what is the current meta, but the Krygon and Zaldiscard nerfs haven't affected it and should actually help to keep its creatures on the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really like this deck, it's loads of fun. I started playing again after a long break and got from 0 to 300 rating with almost only this deck (with a few minor changes).
    I think the Ravager style is great, and have been trying to think of some more variations of this deck.

I have some questions about cards I have never used before.
    Would Survivalist be any good? As a replacement for WotF mabye? I guess you might have to balance out the ally to item ratio a bit to accommodate and that might be a problem, but I have never tried it. The upside would be that as an attachment it doesn't have durabillity, and I think there is less attachment removal out there than for items/weapons.

Also, how do you feel about Rapacious Vermin? Its kind of situational but I like it.

Crystal Shards and Loom of Fate are 2 more cards which come to mind when thinking about Ravagers. I'm not a huge fan of the bi-lateral draw though...even though with Crystal Shards you can get pretty good value by saccing it for haste or damage the turn after you play it.

I've also seen other players run with weapons like Feathered Longbow...for more early control I guess?
    Or traps like Decoy Trap to protect the Thriss Demolitionist etc.

I don't think the new Ravager, the Grimjaw Hydra fits very well here though.

Anyway, thanks for the deck list, I'm going to go try out some stuff with this theme. We'll see how it goes. In any case it's pretty fun
    IGN: jultrio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jultrio View Post
    Would Survivalist be any good? As a replacement for WotF mabye?
    Its a bit expensive and you don't have many targets to draw with it, so don't think it works

Also, how do you feel about Rapacious Vermin? Its kind of situational but I like it.
    I never really manage to use its ability, but a lot of good players are playing it after the World Championships, so might be worth a try, by the way if the CoF buff in http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....anges-for-2-90 ends up being implemented it should be pretty good.

Crystal Shards and Loom of Fate are 2 more cards which come to mind when thinking about Ravagers. I'm not a huge fan of the bi-lateral draw though...even though with Crystal Shards you can get pretty good value by saccing it for haste or damage the turn after you play it.
    Nah, they are too situational and they might help your opponent more than you

I've also seen other players run with weapons like Feathered Longbow...for more early control I guess?
    Or traps like Decoy Trap to protect the Thriss Demolitionist etc.
    You have a limited number of spots in the deck, so even thought some of this cards are good, using them diminishes the main tactic, maybe an exception is Weevil-tipped Crossbow that can be used instead of item destruction.

I don't think the new Ravager, the Grimjaw Hydra fits very well here though.
    No it doesn't fit, Its pretty crap in this deck

Anyway, thanks for the deck list, I'm going to go try out some stuff with this theme. We'll see how it goes. In any case it's pretty fun
    I'm glad you enjoy playing it , having fun is the most important part of the game.
    Last edited by GreyMouser; 03-09-2015 at 07:46 PM.