Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    You are joking...right?
    About which part? Blood frenzy is widely touted as the best draw engine in the game and it gives you 1 extra card per turn for a mandatory cost of 1 life and no burst draw ability I.e it's a dead play on the turn you cast it.

AoC costs 4 but gives you 3 extra cards per turn and it's cost is optional. With BF you draw 2 cards a turn, with AoC you draw 4. Cost is higher but you'll never be killed by your own AoC pinging you and you can always just not activate it is you don't need the cards. BF doesn't have this flexibility. Oh, and you can use it immediately for burst draw so it's not a wasted turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Current AoC is a little OP, especially for mages running burn spells.
    2SE for activation (and maybe 3cc to summon It) may be more balanced, at least you can't use it every turn.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't agree that it is OP. It is currently probably one of 2 most important cards in my current deck, however 4cc, -1 resource and 1SE is really quite a cost. Yes, 3 cards are great, but the drawback on resources is hurting you and slowing you down. It needs to be played at the right moment, and certainly doesn't win me all the games. If it was OP, I wouldn't have trouble beating all opponents

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ivebeen thinking about it too. I love it as is, but I think giving it a durability in addition would be a good idea. I think 2 durability would suffice for balance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's probably a good compromise. 2 SE is a decent cost and will prevent spamming. It's still hella strong but probably would only be a 2 of any used as a mid to late game death blow enabler.

Even with a 2 SE + 1 resource cost I'd kill for this in my amber decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's probably a good compromise. 2 SE is a decent cost and will prevent spamming. It's still hella strong but probably would only be a 2 of any used as a mid to late game death blow enabler.

Even with a 2 SE + 1 resource cost I'd kill for this in my amber decks.

If this sticks in its current form or similar I am definitely picking up mages - so many good cards for them in SF with T. Curse, Phoenix urgion, sorcerer of endia and now AoC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there are so many ways to destroy that item like, Shriek Of Vengace, Dawn Raid, Widespread Decay, Saymeht's Retribution, Stop, Thief, Focused Prayer , Anarchic Looting, Artful Squire, and some others like Sorcer of Endia, Rapacious Vermin, Obelisk of Echoes, Thriss Demolitionist, Scourge Colosuss and maybe more...
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    there are so many ways to destroy that item like, Shriek Of Vengace, Dawn Raid, Widespread Decay, Saymeht's Retribution, Stop, Thief, Focused Prayer , Anarchic Looting, Artful Squire, and some others like Sorcer of Endia, Rapacious Vermin, Obelisk of Echoes, Thriss Demolitionist, Scourge Colosuss and maybe more...
    Yup, and that's the most balanced thing about it. But you could say the same about any item or ally, being destructible doesn't make it balanced by itself. The difficulties with balance are especially noticeable in the case of items (and allies with haste), since they can be activated when summoned. In the case of Amulet, you lose two cards (1 resource and Amulet) for that first activation to get 3 cards. Even if it's destroyed on that opponent's turn, it's still a benefit of +1 card for 1 SE and some tempo. That's not bad at all. Especially considering that destroying it costs the opponent tempo and a card as well. So in the best case scenario for the opponent, Amulet gives +1 card and costs the opponent 1 card, if it's stop, Thief! they get a resource, and so the net result is the person who uses amulet gets a card advantage of 1. If it's destroyed with Shriek of vengeance, then it costs them a card and a resource, which means a 3 card advantage just for playing and using Amulet once before it's destroyed.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-14-2014 at 03:05 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TLDR

My 2¢

I dont think its OP. I havent tried it in a deck yet. But ive vs.'d it several times. Cant say I lost any of the games because of it but I did destroy it, so theres that. I will say this though.

Glass Chalice costs 2cc to put in play, 2se to activate, and gives u a choice of 1/3 cards.

AoC costs twice as much to put into play, half as much se to use and gives u all 3 cards while u lose a resource.

Seems pretty balanced to me. But I understand how devastating it can be in a Rush Mage build. Especially if you are saccing a useless weenie to make up for losing a resource while fishing for your burn.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I play mostly rogue, and while this card has certainly lost games for me, I don't know that it's overly powerful, even on Loest / Eladwen. If they use it a lot, they have limited resources each turn to do stuff and no shadow energy. If I destroy it on the first turn, then all they've really done is pay 4cc and 1 SE to draw 1 card (since they lost 1 resource and the card it took to play it).
    Bob fades back swish! And thats the game folks!
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."