Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amulet of Conjuring

I realize that the old version made this card pretty unplayable. This updated version feels super powerful for mages that already had great draw potential with library of knowledge, bad Santa, and honored dead. Being able to use this card around turn 6 or 7 is a total gamechanger and almost always locks the game when you are in need of supernova's, fireballs and anything to clear the board or finish off a player mounting a comeback. It's basically a bad Santa for the user and 3 cards is huge when tome used to only give 1 and the opponent had a chance the Mage wouldn't draw that direct damage card he really needed. Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Definitely a necessary and viable draw engine. I mostly speak for shadow mages because they lacked the better secondary draw engines the human mages had. Perhaps if it should be balanced out, it could be a draw engine for shadow mages only.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have always wondered why we don't have double-alignment (outside of weapons/armor) and partial-alignment cards (Shadow mage only allies/abilities) - it's definitely an untapped tool for balance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play mostly rogue, and while this card has certainly lost games for me, I don't know that it's overly powerful, even on Loest / Eladwen. If they use it a lot, they have limited resources each turn to do stuff and no shadow energy. If I destroy it on the first turn, then all they've really done is pay 4cc and 1 SE to draw 1 card (since they lost 1 resource and the card it took to play it).
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    I have always wondered why we don't have double-alignment (outside of weapons/armor) and partial-alignment cards (Shadow mage only allies/abilities) - it's definitely an untapped tool for balance.
    I have wondered the same thing, not just for mages but for all classes. Diversing the restrictions would offer a better balance like you mentioned.

On a side note, would like to make a comparison on a few of the cards for shadows and humans:

A Legend Rises > A Legend Falls
    Treasured Heirloom > Bloodthirsty
    Tainted Oracle = Falseblood Cultist
    Priest of the Light> Sun-blighted One (SbO barely sees play with human mages, mostly seen with shadow mages)
    The Bigger They Are = The Harder They Fall
    The Last Harvest > Meat Wagon

Note: I am only basing this on how often they are played.
    Last edited by Hollow Humanoid; 10-10-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Resource control builds can give amulet some problems.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been on the receiving end of this coming down. One sided Bad santas on tap is very tought to deal with. I think this is a bit too strong as it is, especially with no resource cost to activate. Basically you tap out for burn/weenies then activate to restock your hand and draw next turn for a total of 4 cards(!) one of which you resource and then just go again.

There's just nothing that can compare to that for other classes.

If you want to keep it at 3 cards, it should cost 2 SE to activate IMHO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It does have a resource cost: 1 of your resources is removed from play. It takes a card, so you draw two cars for it at the price of one se. I think it balances well, as you still have to time and figure out when you want to use it, as to not bomb yourself, or not to get in the way of your own synergies, as in my case, with undead tribe. So I don't think it's too much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Finally someone a thread about this. I was wondering how the new Amulet was doing. Keep the discussion going guys
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What I mean is that it costs no resources to activate. You can tap out fully and still use it.

Basically you just hold it until you've played out your burn and got 5-6 resources on the table then play it to restock your hand at light speed. Once full again you can hold off on using it and keep building your resource base. I can't think of another draw engine that even approaches this.

Bad Santa costs 2 to play, can only be used once and gives your enemy the same benefit as you and it still gets played because three extra cards whoever you want them is damn strong. Sure amulet costs more to play but once it's down you never have to worry about cards again. I can actually see it replacing book of knowledge on many decks, especially in rush decks.

Until now, blood frenzy has been the standard that draw engines aspire to, but amulet blows that out of the water - it literally produces double the benefit of frenzy with a slightly different cost but with the advantage that it's optional. Low on resources? Only use it once every couple of turns, you'll still outdraw your opponent in all likelihood.