Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Arcania expansion, a fun project (by Arcanes)

Hi community \o.o/:

This is a expansion created exclusively with suggested cards (So you can suggest cards for be added)

The principal goal is share ideas and discovery togethers solid ideas that can be suggested for SE.
    Who know? maybe in the future our shadow era staff can take some ideas form here for a new collection (/*o*)/ ~

This topic is different to the official suggestion cuz I want us to discuss the proposals before suggesting in the official topic, suggest changes, look funny cards, think about balance and only then, with the best ideas from the community send some to the official topic for facilitate the work of developers giving more elaborate proposals.

The idea is with time do a complete edition with 200 cards!! o(*゚▽゚*)o
    (+20 Heroes, like CotC)

I keep the psd of every card, so... feel free for share you opinion! i can easy edit every card

Advertisement: my english can have mistakes, but I will always be grateful for your feedback to correct texts or grammar ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Before start I want thanks to Drakhen for the psd Card Template. I have a few different version with some little fixes but all the work is done starting from the Drakhen model.

Central ideas in the mechanic of this collection:

- Generate more dynamic between the game and the graveyard
    - Like u will see... play a lot with the class restriction! . Class will be important.
    - Diversify the way of play cards
    - Diversify the play style for every class with new Hero perspectives! without lose the essencial of every class
    - The collection will have some special type of cards that repeat in every class, similar in balance but with different focus for each.

7 The big disasters: They are Epic Abilities with cost 7 and a BIG effect in the game (In general they force the end game). Every class will have one disaster and their are restricted to ONE copy by deck.

7 Class citadels: "If a citadel is in you opening hand you can start the game with it in play" They are Rare artifacts that change the enviorment conditions in the game, one for every class with different effects. Every Citadel have cost 4 (This can be discussed, actually im thinking change it to 5) and ofc we can suggest cards for synergy with this new type of card.

Defining Rules: A Citadel is a type of Artifact and can be targeted like artifact.

The 7 Prodigies: The Prodigies are Unique allies, all with cost 3, and a special ability for every class when deal damage. Prodigies

Citadel Guardians (Titan allies) : 7 Epic Allies powerfull with high Cost and fun skills with synergy to the class style. They are Titan Type, are Unique allies but Titans are restricted to ONE copy by deck.

Defining Rules: Titan allies are Unique allies restricted to one by deck. If a card do mention to "Unique" or "non-unique" allies, the text is applied for Titans too.

NOTE: Titans and Big Disasters are restricted to only ONE copy in your deck. (Rule suggested for balance by LucasBlitz)

Set Breakdown

20 Heroes (Extra to 200 main cards)

20 Human Allies
    20 Shadow Allies
    20 Neutral Allies
    10 Warrior class cards
    10 Mage class cards
    10 Hunter class cards
    10 Priest class cards
    10 Rogue class cards
    10 Wulven class cards
    10 Elemental class cards
    10 Human Ability/Items
    10 Shadow Ability/Items
    20 Neutral Ability/Items
    20 Armor/Weapons
    10 Locations

If you have opinion in specific cards, if the card have the name in blue this mean is posted in the official suggestion forum, and you can click the name link for go to the Card Thread.

So! Here we go

Human Heroes

H06. 06 Mirrodim.jpg H08. 08 retsu.jpg H09. 09 Setsuko Malevolent.jpg H10. 10 Rose silentspy.jpg

Shadow Heroes

H11. 12 Balkan.jpg H13. 13 Lisipe.jpg H19. 19 Rya.jpg H20. 20 oxelfox.jpg
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-26-2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Update October 19 2014
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-27-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-27-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Priest Abilities

93.93 Wrath of the Goddess.jpg 98. 98 luminos.jpg

Rogue Abilities

103. 103 Anarchy.jpg 107. 107 Brotherhood refuge.jpg
    Last edited by Arcanes; 12-07-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by Arcanes; 10-24-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human Abilities

Shadow Abilities

148. 148 Back from death.jpg

Neutral Abilities

Hero Armors

166. 166 Mail of Malice.jpg

Hero Weapons

181. 181 Katana of memories.jpg (SharpnelFox Concept)
    Last edited by Arcanes; 10-24-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi, thanks for sharing these. Your cards are very flavorful and interesting, and they have nice art. The only thing that would stop these being considered in the early stages of a new set (before balancing) is that the effects on most of them are rather complicated. We try not to have too many things going on within a single card. Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi, thanks for sharing these. Your cards are very flavorful and interesting, and they have nice art. The only thing that would stop these being considered in the early stages of a new set (before balancing) is that the effects on most of them are rather complicated. We try not to have too many things going on within a single card. Cheers!
    Oh! u right, so i will try do a simplified version, thinking in the easy implementation for the game.
    Ty for you advice !!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm supposing we can generate our own input of what the cards can possibly have? I'd like to share some ideas
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    I'm supposing we can generate our own input of what the cards can possibly have? I'd like to share some ideas
    Ofc!! is the idea =) share share \o.o/