Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Balance Changes for 2.87

NERFS

Fates 113 Death from Above: Ability changed to “Target friendly Wulven ally that is not disabled or frozen kills target opposing ally with cost 4 or less.” (from “Target friendly ally that is not disabled or frozen kills target opposing ally with cost 4 or less.”)

Fates 115 Dreadclaw Totem: Ability changed to “When a friendly Wulven ally is killed, Dreadclaw Totem becomes a readied Wulven ally with 4 base attack, 3 health and ambush.” (from “When a friendly ally is killed, Dreadclaw Totem becomes a readied Wulven ally with 4 base attack, 3 health and ambush.”)

Fates 141 Grave Resistance: Added Sustain: 1HP.

BUFFS

Fates 010 Praxix: Ability changed to “4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing hero or ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded, to a maximum of 4.” (from “4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded, to a maximum of 4.”)

Fates 033 Thunderstrike Construct: Removed Unique.

Fates 037 Rapacious Vermin: Ability changed to “Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item or ability controlled by that player is destroyed and Rapacious Vermin gains +2 base attack.” (from “Sustain: 1HP. When Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 3 items and/or abilities, target item controlled by that player is destroyed and Rapacious Vermin gains +2 base attack.”)

Fates 058 Der'kan, the Bone King: Ability changed to: "When Der'kan is summoned while there are at least 3 Undead allies in your graveyard, target opposing hero or ally takes 2 ice damage. When Der'kan is killed while he is the only ally you control, he is returned to his owner's hand." (from "When Der'kan is summoned while there are at least 3 Undead allies in your graveyard, target opposing hero or ally takes 2 ice damage. When Der'kan is killed while he is the only ally you control, he is returned to your hand.)

Fates 081 Pack of Extra: Ability changed to “Weapons you control gain +1 durability. Draw a card.” (from “Target weapon you control gains +1 durability. Draw a card.”)

Fates 131 Final Flourish: Ability changed to “Target friendly ally is killed: target opposing ally takes 3 damage.” (from “Target friendly damaged or friendly exhausted ally is killed and target opposing ally takes 3 damage.”)

Fates 162 Platinum Chainmail: Ability changed to “Friendly allies have +1 attack while in combat with allies with cost 3 or less. Platinum Chainmail doesn't lose durability in combat with allies with cost 3 or less.” (from “Friendly allies have +1 attack while in combat with allies with cost 2 or less. Platinum Chainmail doesn't lose durability in combat with allies with cost 2 or less.”)

Fates 154 Vision of Endia: Ability changed to “Attach to target opposing ally. Damage to that ally can't be reduced or prevented, and all damage to that ally is doubled.” (from “Attach to target opposing ally. All damage to that ally is doubled.”)

REWORKS

Fates 012 Aetherborn Wisp: Attack type changed to electric (from sword).

Fates 014 Twilight Lifebringer: Stats changed to 1/3 (from 1/1). Ability changed to: "Other friendly Twilight allies have +2 health." (from "Friendly Twilight allies have +2 health").

Fates 073 Fatebreak Familiar: Name changed to Cinderborn Fatebreaker. Attack type changed to fire (from claw).

Fates 078 Evolving Abomination: Health increased to 4 (from 3). Ability changed to “At the end of each of your turns, Evolving Abomination gains +1 base attack if no abilities were summoned that turn and +1 health if no allies were summoned that turn.” (from “At the end of each of your turns, Evolving Abomination gains +1 base attack if no allies were summoned that turn and +1 health if no abilities were summoned that turn.”)

Fates 112 Bloodpack Shaman: Ability changed to “When Bloodpack Shaman is summoned, while every ally in your graveyard is a wulven ally, target Wulven ally in your graveyard with cost 3 or less is returned to your hand.” (from “When Bloodpack Shaman is summoned, the top Wulven ally in your graveyard with cost 3 or less is returned to your hand.”)

Fates 178 Living Armor: Renamed to Soulbound Armor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question :Some allies's attack type has been changed to fire , doesn't it mean that there's fewer reasons to use Raikka over Majiya ?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G.P View Post
    Question :Some allies's attack type has been changed to fire , doesn't it mean that there's fewer reasons to use Raikka over Majiya ?
    Good question. I'll leave that for community to tackle!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice! Looks like Platinum Chainmail might be useable now against wienie rush. Changes to undead MS looks good as well, I guess NyM is taking place over Death from Above and we might see play from Final Flourish as well. Evolving Abomination looks even better than before and nice buff on Praxix.

Will there be any other changes? Or is this it?
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramia's gonna like Platinum Chainmail!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no nerf to Grave resistance at all

Moonstalker can happily use it and abuse it..Who care about 1hp??? HE OWNS THE BOARD

Grave resistance should not be available to Wulven..
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting, so by making wulven cards work best in purely wulven decks, and by making thunderstrike constructs no longer unique, you've subtly nerfed undead wulven around the corners. GR is still very powerful, but I don't see undead decks dominating the meta anymore, so maybe that's alright. Also platinum chainmail becomes a solid counter to any kind of rush as well as all those cheap undead allies, which is great. I also like the subtle nerf to Undead Threbin with lifebringers -although I didn't see it as overpowered to begin with. It's not bad enough to make the deck unplayable, but certainly taking away some of the NPE for some decks.

Seems like the buffs and nerfs are getting into that subtle territory, near final release. That seems about right, looking at the meta right now, it feels like a healthy mix of strong heroes and play-styles.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My poor undead baduruu! GR nerf killed him!!!
    I was rulling this land for a long time.
    Now I shall return and claim what is mine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, I like these changes. Vision of Endia and Rapacious Vermin will see a lot of play!

I'm a bit confused about Pack an extra: what exactly will change? There are no hunter weapons that can't be targeted; the only weapon that can't be targeted is Lithian Sledgehammer as far as I know.

What am I missing?