Close

Thread: Haste = Readied

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Haste = Readied

let's talk about readied and haste.

yesterday i play vs a gravebone and after he use his ability and bring back a shadow knight from the graveyard he use Will To Fight on the shadow knight but nothing happen, today I play vs an aramia deck that was using Justicar's Cape and he was like this: t3 aetherbon wisp, t4 knight of unaxio + aramia ability to play Justicar's Cape, then he use justicar's ability on knight of unaxio and the knight gain haste(for me that was haste and no readied) so I think that was a bug because for me haste should be gained after an ally is casted from the hand and readied should be gained after the ally attack once or is bring fron the graveyard( just like necromancer's shroud works) so then I posted on the bug tread and mojumbo replay my post and he say that readied is a better version of haste, if haste and readied are same then will to Fight should work on any ally that was bringing to play by gravebone ability.

if that is the way justicar's cape should work I think is op, it is like portal.
    so what do you guys think should readied work like haste?
    should an ally just summoned by able to readied by Justicar's Cape?

sorry for my bad english...
    Last edited by Kruxes; 10-08-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    from the rule book: http://cf.shadowera.com/shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf
    "Haste – This ally can attack and use abilities on the turn that it’s summoned."

So you see, bringing it into play from graveyard is not summoning, therefore haste doesn't ready it, even if it's got haste, technically, it won't be able to attack until after it's readied.

Same issue with Portal. The advantage of bringing allies from graveyards is you don't have to deal with opponent on-summon abilities from traps. Spike trap, for example can't kill an ally being brought from the grave.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would make gravebone and moonstalker too op. Don't you think? I can see the new deck names now the graveyard loop and death from the grave.
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    from the rule book: http://cf.shadowera.com/shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf
    "Haste – This ally can attack and use abilities on the turn that it’s summoned."

So you see, bringing it into play from graveyard is not summoning, therefore haste doesn't ready it, even if it's got haste, technically, it won't be able to attack until after it's readied.

Same issue with Portal. The advantage of bringing allies from graveyards is you don't have to deal with opponent on-summon abilities from traps. Spike trap, for example can't kill an ally being brought from the grave.
    so then justicar's cape is the way should work?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMiceli View Post
    That would make gravebone and moonstalker too op. Don't you think? I can see the new deck names now the graveyard loop and death from the grave.
    I'm talking about justicar's cape it let you use an ally you just cast like portal or an ally with haste.

i think will to fight is working the right way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will to Fight is for sure working the right way here. As for what Mojumbo said, Readied isn't Haste, but can have a Haste-like effect. As the others have mentioned, Haste has effect specifically when the ally is summoned normally from the hand, or when a card like Bloodfang summons it at no cost. Such cards specifically "summon" the ally, whereas Gravebone "returns it to play". Haste doesn't apply to "returned to play", however Readied can. Mojumbo said about how "Readying" an ally basically speeds up the process that happens anyway at the end of your turn. Allies that are summoned or have attacked become "unexhausted" once again at the end of the turn, in other words Readied. With Justicar's Cape and the like, you can simply make this happen right away for the target ally, instead of at the end of the turn, and also allow for double attacks in later turns.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    I'm talking about justicar's cape it let you use an ally you just cast like portal or an ally with haste.

i think will to fight is working the right way.

"Readied" - is a condition for an ally that means it can attack or activate abilities - some things can grant this condition

"Haste"- is an ability or condition that can enable an ally to take advantage of the condition of being "Readied"

"Not Readied" - would also be a condition better known as "Exhausted" in which an ally can not attack or use abilities > even if it does have "Haste" granted to it - like casting Will to Fight on an exhausted/non-readied ally just gives "Haste" (someday could be useful for an ally to have "Haste" when it is not readied with other newer cards)

Looks like you understand it all correctly now, Haste in Shadow Era is not the same thing as Haste in MTG for instance. I am guessing you would agree it's a bit of a shame that "Haste" is not more useful on "non-summoned" allies. However as pointed out in this game "Haste" would be the OP situation if it suddenly was equal to 'Readied".

Justicar's Cape can be a decent power move early in the right situations but requires some cards in payment with regards to a Readied Buffed t4 Knight of Unaxio - 1 card is the Knight, +1 card to ready it +1 card to buff it - this is a lot of eggs in one basket they say and though a power move can be countered by killing the Knight with a single card - 1 for 3 is the trade at that point in card advantage, after you take a nice whack to the noggin of course
    Last edited by tafkad; 10-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So there is an equivalent for Gravebone: Bone Sabre. I believe it works on allies that are just returned from grave as well...Also Living Armor and necro shroud. Really Gravebone has the better deal, when it comes to haste-like abilities

Also in terms of ridiculous T4 power moves....erhrmm, pot, meet kettle.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Looks like you understand it all correctly now, Haste in Shadow Era is not the same thing as Haste in MTG for instance. I am guessing you would agree it's a bit of a shame that "Haste" is not more useful on "non-summoned" allies.
    It is a shame but with Wizards of the coast all sue happy a smart move, don't you agree?
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."