Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quitter Rule

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place Silverclaw's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To ban somebody for 5min, just for quit the game...for me its not the right consequense. For me its no problem when people leave the game...I understand if people dont want to play some matchups (millstalker). The problem is....that the other dont earn XP than! Why?!
    ~T E A M ~J U G G E R N A UT S~

IGN: TJ SilVERclaW

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverclaw View Post
    To ban somebody for 5min, just for quit the game...for me its not the right consequense. For me its no problem when people leave the game...I understand if people dont want to play some matchups (millstalker). The problem is....that the other dont earn XP than! Why?!
    No one is suggesting banning, just a 5 minute wait time before they can join another QM. A just punishment in my opinion. You leave then you should have to wait for another match. You can join and quit join and quit until you find the deck that is easiest for you to play against? You mine as well just ask on the forum for someone with xxxx deck to play you and make a private game they can join. The people you quit on actually want a challenge they want to see how far their decks will take them. The people you quit on get frustrated when it is the third time in a row someones done it to them. That isn't fair to them.
    Last edited by FirstinLastout; 10-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe a 20 XP bonus to non-quitter and keep Kyles rule of 3 min window before entering another QM. Unless it was a disconnection issue or a bug.
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Karniv04 View Post
    Maybe a 20 XP bonus to non-quitter and keep Kyles rule of 3 min window before entering another QM. Unless it was a disconnection issue or a bug.
    I like that idea as well.

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Considering all the disconnects I get and failures to connect, I hope nothing to stringent is levied until these issues are fixed.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Considering all the disconnects I get and failures to connect, I hope nothing to stringent is levied until these issues are fixed.
    There should be something that notices weather it was a disconnect manually or a server side issue/phone issue

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstinLastout View Post
    No one is suggesting banning, just a 5 minute wait time before they can join another QM. A just punishment in my opinion. You leave then you should have to wait for another match. You can join and quit join and quit until you find the deck that is easiest for you to play against? You mine as well just ask on the forum for someone with xxxx deck to play you and make a private game they can join. The people you quit on actually want a challenge they want to see how far their decks will take them. The people you quit on get frustrated when it is the third time in a row someones done it to them. That isn't fair to them.
    Nothing wrong with joining and quitting to find an opponent you want to match against. The problem lies in that the "victim" isn't rewarded, not that they were quitted on. Reward should be given to the victor, penalty is unnecessary for the quitter aside from rating loss (the normal penalty for losing a match).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Nothing wrong with joining and quitting to find an opponent you want to match against. The problem lies in that the "victim" isn't rewarded, not that they were quitted on. Reward should be given to the victor, penalty is unnecessary for the quitter aside from rating loss (the normal penalty for losing a match).
    Scouting games is wrong. You are picking and choosing what games to play and which ones to skip. I want to play against weaker decks too but i shouldn't be aloud to do so if that means i can single handedly pick what decks i want to go up against, obviously i am going to pick the weaker deck and gain the win. If you look at it ratings wise, you have a deck made specifically to counter say a lance deck. You are telling me its ok for you to join only games where people have lance decks? Your rating then is a farse and isn't accurate at all. You simply joined games where the win leans toward you. It's playing the system. IMO

A penalty should be exacted for "scouters, or even better... Snipers"
    Last edited by FirstinLastout; 10-13-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    doesn't your rating reflect the loss from quitting, even if no-one gets any points for it?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There shouldn't be a penalty imo. I don't want to play against a 80+ millstalker deck, 60+ card victor mill deck or a 80+ card zaladar mill deck because it's just a waste of time really. I would prefer to go against an 80 card Jericho than any of the other heroes mentioned because most times the match up is just unfair. When you play a tower deck that has an answer to everything, playing for 10 minutes gets boring and what am I getting for staying? 100 xp? Whoop dee doo.