Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quitter Rule

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    doesn't your rating reflect the loss from quitting, even if no-one gets any points for it?
    If so then there already is a penalty in place for scouting then. no?
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Other tcg games do not show who is waiting in the queue to avoid scouters. Nobody is complaining about this missing feature on their forums either.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just reward the victims. Enough said.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also think that there should be a kind of penalty for the quitter and / or a kind of compensation for the winner (e .g. 5 shadow crystals).
    It's bad for the winner of the game not to gain anything, just having one more victory on his/her statistics.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by marundal View Post
    I also think that there should be a kind of penalty for the quitter and / or a kind of compensation for the winner (e .g. 5 shadow crystals).
    It's bad for the winner of the game not to gain anything, just having one more victory on his/her statistics.
    5 shadow crystals if someone quits on you? LOL. You'd get rich everytime someone quits when you play Millstalker
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just thinking about what compensation would be fair. . .

If 5 shadow crystals are too much than maybe some less gold / xp compared to otherwise
    a game has a regular ending.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    A similar penalty already exists according to Kyle.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ghlight=season
    Scratch that - the penalty was never implemented (just confirmed it on 2.87).

The thing is, with the new ranking rewarding players who play more games, it encourages them to quit early and move on to the next game if their opponent starts off with a strong early game.

I personally do not care whether or not they get penalized for quitting early. I just think it is unfair to the other side to gain nothing from the game when they are not in the wrong. I'm only bringing this up now 'cuz I've noticed that more and more players quit early if things don't go their way by T4.

I hope someone passes the community's feedback in this thread on to Kyle and let's hope something gets done about it by 2.88.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Nothing wrong with joining and quitting to find an opponent you want to match against. The problem lies in that the "victim" isn't rewarded, not that they were quitted on. Reward should be given to the victor, penalty is unnecessary for the quitter aside from rating loss (the normal penalty for losing a match).
    +1
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverclaw View Post
    I really dont like the rule, that you dont got XP if the game is not longer than 4 rounds (not sure sometimes I even got no XP in round 5). People with rush decks (elad,loest) and an good opening and maybe opening advantage really can decide a game after 4 rounds. I would say 60% of the games have a big advantage for one of the player after 4 rounds. Thats why a lot of player just quit. Hornestly, I do the same...when I see the game is lost...why should I play the game to the end? My oponent dont got XP and my oponent got punished...but he fairly won the game. Maybe its better to prove this and develop a system (ifthe oponent have more allys out or something, that he got the well deserved XP)

Just a Suggestion.
    Greets Silverclaw
    + i agree, quick deck should deserve this win because it is build in this strategy.
    and i suggest quitter should lose when he quit not time out, it is a bad game experince.
    most time the quitter will not be back.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstinLastout View Post
    Scouting games is wrong. You are picking and choosing what games to play and which ones to skip. I want to play against weaker decks too but i shouldn't be aloud to do so if that means i can single handedly pick what decks i want to go up against, obviously i am going to pick the weaker deck and gain the win. If you look at it ratings wise, you have a deck made specifically to counter say a lance deck. You are telling me its ok for you to join only games where people have lance decks? Your rating then is a farse and isn't accurate at all. You simply joined games where the win leans toward you. It's playing the system. IMO

A penalty should be exacted for "scouters, or even better... Snipers"
    Your rating would be accurately low because you quitted all those games to find the matchup you wanted.