Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Alex- cheers.
    @GDC- that will certainly help them, allowing you to get more cards out of the buggers. For the sake of fairness, are there any plans to help Nishhavens new toy- Thunderstone golem? Seems a shame that he is left out of getting something extra shiny and cool as one of the weaker mages. I was thinking either of the following additions to it would help Nish a lot:
    Ability- (like DMT)- causes 1 electricity damage. Drop base attack to 2 to compensate. (obviously this does not trigger his growth since only hero electrical damage counts)
    OR Thunderstone Golems attack can not be reduced by any means.

Making a few more allies deal electrical damage base instead of normal would help the theme as well as potentiall Nish such as fatebreak familiar.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    ...Making a few more allies deal electrical damage base instead of normal would help the theme as well as potentiall Nish such as fatebreak familiar.
    Shadow could use more electrical damage ally at lower cc, human doesn't have a cheap electric ally either but human has far better electric damage allies already.
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Saf View Post
    Shadow could use more electrical damage ally at lower cc, human doesn't have a cheap electric ally either but human has far better electric damage allies already.
    Aye, I'm more thinking in terms of Nish, Voltars and his entire electricity theme where electricity could actually make a difference to its viability. Not a big Nish fan myself but he was the image of the game for a long time and it would be nice if his theme was rounded out more.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Aye, I'm more thinking in terms of Nish, Voltars and his entire electricity theme where electricity could actually make a difference to its viability. Not a big Nish fan myself but he was the image of the game for a long time and it would be nice if his theme was rounded out more.
    Is there a mole inside the DT?

Here's another couple of changes I can confirm:

Aetherborn Wisp is changing to electric attack.

Thunderstrike Construct is losing unique.

Apologies if that derails this thread. Feel free to start another to discuss human electric stuff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    33 more games after GDCs challenge. A1 Flibber vs BP Skurai to Romansionis vs A1 Flibber vs Romansionis all Raikka. Final rating 305.

Now to play with a different hero instead :P.
    This appears a bit misleading - in the last 19 games of yours playing Raikka you have a record of:

8-10-1 SamYou2D3ath to Romansionis

19 games with less than half won. Were the other 14 games all wins? what was the win rate with this deck? did you play any other heroes before her this season, if so how many games and what rating were you when you started playing her? how many games total were played with her? (guessing more than the 33) Did she attain this 300+ rating absolutely on her own?

Those are the type of questions that come to mind with the lack of data supplied. To me only a full season of Raikka could ever hope to shed any real light on her ability or lack there of, not to say that you did not do well. Even my first 12 games with her went 6-6 but without a full season of her and only her there is no way to tell. Unless someone were to keep accurate data of total games played, wins/loss/draw and opponent estimations (top deck, tower deck, lame deck, playing skill by observation of moves). All we have now is a claim of 300+ that is unsubstantiated I'm afraid. Props for even playing her as much as you did, seriously.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    This appears a bit misleading - in the last 19 games of yours playing Raikka you have a record of:

8-10-1 SamYou2D3ath to Romansionis

19 games with less than half won. Were the other 14 games all wins? what was the win rate with this deck? did you play any other heroes before her this season, if so how many games and what rating were you when you started playing her? how many games total were played with her? (guessing more than the 33) Did she attain this 300+ rating absolutely on her own?

Those are the type of questions that come to mind with the lack of data supplied. To me only a full season of Raikka could ever hope to shed any real light on her ability or lack there of, not to say that you did not do well. Even my first 12 games with her went 6-6 but without a full season of her and only her there is no way to tell. Unless someone were to keep accurate data of total games played, wins/loss/draw and opponent estimations (top deck, tower deck, lame deck, playing skill by observation of moves). All we have now is a claim of 300+ that is unsubstantiated I'm afraid. Props for even playing her as much as you did, seriously.
    I failed to state anything about starting rating, so I may have compromised my own challenge with that omission.

As for the game history, I can see complete game history for everyone, so I could potentially extract some information from that if time permitted. (It doesn't yet! )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I hereby open your offer to the public. Prize limited to the one person who does the best with her over the next TWO WEEKS. Can only use Raikka. Must play at least 30 games. Best final rating gets the prize. Doesn't matter what rating you are when you start. 1000SC to best one. Maybe it will be one of you two?
    Tafkad, as you can see Gondorian stated it didn't matter what rating you started off with hence me continuing. Frankly 60 games with her in a row was enough for me to play with any hero before getting bored. I have no doubt Gondorian can check the results, that's why I stated the first game so he can check back through the archives even though I knew it had already disappeared from my viewable history (which only shows 30 games).

The 23 games immediately after the challenge (where I adapted my deck) went 16 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses. After that it was losing more again (what you saw). I think it might have hit 310 at one point then dropped again. If you want my final deck list pm me and I can send it to you or post it in the strategy section, you might be able to get it higher. As I understand the challenge, by switching to another hero I forfeited the chance to rejoin the competition once I switched to another hero so if you beat my final score of 305 you get the win and you have 2 weeks or so to do so.

I wanted to test a nishhaven deck I had an idea for (failure for high level play sadly due to inconsistency and slow start although I liked the concept of invinvible Nish) and get a better understanding of ravage decks which are so common at present.

Edit, I started the season at a higher rating (stronger mage deck), then went down to 302 or 303 when I wrote the OP. 30 more games grew my rating only slightly since it was only about a 60% win rate (I guess).
    Last edited by Fionn Maccumhail; 10-07-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

We've posted the balance changes for 2.87:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....anges-for-2-87

We had to pull the change to gauntlets because it was looking OP. Needs more PFG testing ... by PFG4!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been trying raikka and majiya homonculus and ravager decks lately, just swapping out the hero from time to time. My conclusion is that in every combination and with every deck majiya is straight up superior. The one and only matchup where raikka out performsmajiya is vs a solo hero. I had one of those vs zal and just tore him up with raikka and homonculus.

Also, as a draw engine there's pretty much no reason to run the gauntlets compared to the new amulet of conjuring. Granted, half my games I was using armor for ally buffing (homonculus) and the other half I was cycling weapons as ravager food (sekhmet). But I did try the gauntlets vs ai a few times and could never get to trust them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    With regards Flameforged Gauntlets: We have decided to change the cost from 1D to 0SE in a future version (likely 2.87).

Thanks for all your feedback, which helped steer us towards making that change.
    this is really good change...
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...