Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hero and Ally Upgrades and Landscape

Just some ideas.

Hero and Ally Upgrades

Heroes and allies could have multiple upgrade levels which could be earned throughout only campaign/singleplayer online. And I don't mean like 'by getting experience' (that isn't as good in my opinion) but getting it together with the mini boosters at each of your level or getting one depending on the difficulty of the game you played. Getting upgrades should be randomly as it would be fun if it would involve some luck in it so that you can get the one you need. Or if you have all the upgrades for a Hero you do not possess than you buy the hero just for that as maybe it would be stronger than your current hero with less upgrades. Like if you play on easy,you can only get upgrade to level 2,medium for level 3 and expert for level 4.
    An example for hero upgrade stages:

Level 1) The original card

Level 2) The original card + x health points/attack/shadow point gain etc

Level 3) Level 2+ Maybe an extra ability or side specialty like flying, stealth or lifesteal etc

Level 4) Level 3 + more extras like in level 2.

( Rank levels could be marked by small stars or some symbols at the side of the card.)
    Well just though of this as a way to increase the playhours of single player online, so players won't only pvp once they have the cards.
    This could be more applied to heroes than units as units have only a few life points so making it more would be changing it totally,but for heroes it could work? It could only be applied to units if their health and attacks would be in tens or hundreds. Also once a card is upgraded,upgrade will stay till it is removed/card is sold.
    Cards with upgrades on shouldn't be able to be sold/traded.

Landscapes

As now we can see a world map and lot of different types of landscapes such as lakes,rivers,forests, and mountains... It could have some affects on the way you battle.
    For example:

* Forests: 50% chance to dodge attack for allies who stay in the cover of the forest. Forest could cover half ( right side) of the battleground so that you need at least around 4 allies to get the 4th one into the forest.

* Rivers: If it goes from south to north separating left and right side of the battlefield,then allies only on the same side could attack each other. But of course archers(and other missile units/spells) could attack the other side too.

* Lakes: Allies that get to be inside the lake cannot attack(this would limit the amount of usable allies you can deploy and avoid spamming of allies. Of course maybe with upgrades such as I mentioned above,some creatures could walk on water and wouldn't get affected by this.

This is what I came up with for now
    Last edited by Benjee007; 09-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry to say, I dont like these ideas at all... Instead of upgrading cards, how about a lvl up feature on The card. Like, Each turn you Can pay X to lvl it up, and If you Do so, The card gets better. Only for a few cards though

And The other idea.... No... Dont Think I'd want something like that...
    Sry :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF View Post
    Sorry to say, I dont like these ideas at all...
    And The other idea.... No... Dont Think I'd want something like that...
    Sry :P
    I don't like it that much either,but at the moment there are too few conditions in the game (things to consider before making a move). About the Upgrades,I don't mean it as huge upgrades but something that people would play for to improve their decks.
    Considering the start of 200 cards available which is perfectly enough but it could use some more variability in my opinion.
    Well, just an idea.

Instead of upgrading cards, how about a lvl up feature on The card. Like, Each turn you Can pay X to lvl it up, and If you Do so, The card gets better. Only for a few cards though
    Well yeah but that wouldn't increase the lifespan of the solo online play. There are lot of things made for the solo online to be playable over and over again but the problem is that as its said that pvp offers better gold and rewards...not many people will do that. This is why an out of game upgrade or some other feature could be good for that.

Btw the upgrade idea isn't mine,its from a very popular online tcg.
    Last edited by Benjee007; 09-28-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjee007 View Post
    there are too few conditions in the game (things to consider before making a move). About the Upgrades,I don't mean it as huge upgrades but something that people would play for to improve their decks.
    Considering the start of 200 cards available which is perfectly enough but it could use some more variability in my opinion.
    Well, just an idea.

Well yeah but that wouldn't increase the lifespan of the solo online play. There are lot of things made for the solo online to be playable over and over again but the problem is that as its said that pvp offers better gold and rewards...not many people will do that. This is why an out of game upgrade or some other feature could be good for that.

Btw the upgrade idea isn't mine,its from a very popular online tcg.
    I cannot agree more with this.
    As a hardcore strategy player,the strategies depending on where you play sounds really good!
    It should definitely be implemented.

P.S: Although I like the each turn Pay X idea too for the upgrades,but yeah the singleplayer would be much much cooler with something like Benjee007's idea.
    P.P.S: So at the landscapes,when an ally is killed that is to the left of the other ally which is in the forest or lake,the ally was in the 'forest or lake' will get out of the effect?
    Last edited by Stalker; 09-28-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Question

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    P.P.S: So at the landscapes,when an ally is killed that is to the left of the other ally which is in the forest or lake,the ally was in the 'forest or lake' will get out of the effect?
    As far as I understood it,yes.
    Pretty good idea there and could be countered by some neutral abilities like Forest fire and some lake drying up stuff. These could damage at the same time while destroying the 'landscape'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sexy. Would love to see this in action :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would really enjoy having RPG style to a game. Your ideas could really make compaing/solo game more interesting and prolong it's life.

The only thing I'm worried about is that there is a way to make "levels/upgrades" a good idea and a really bad one...
    1) The bad idea is: to make unlimited Hero's levels. And every time you gain a level, you gain (even very small one) upgrade. It's really bad, because old players will make huge advantage over new ones. I might lose any interest in a game if I had to fight with a player who had a 86 lvl Hero and is twice as strong as I am (this might took him a year to gain this lvl). Fells like cheating to me.

2) The good idea: is to take final (original) version of a Hero's card, and downgrade it's skills and power. Make 5-10 levels/upgrades, after gaining them all, you would receive original Hero card. This would make an illusion of RPG leveling. What I mean here - is to make Hero's levels limited and not giving big advantage to old players over new ones.

I hope it made sense what I tried to explain...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar-kun View Post
    I would really enjoy having RPG style to a game. Your ideas could really make compaing/solo game more interesting and prolong it's life.

The only thing I'm worried about is that there is a way to make "levels/upgrades" a good idea and a really bad one...
    1) The bad idea is: to make unlimited Hero's levels. And every time you gain a level, you gain (even very small one) upgrade. It's really bad, because old players will make huge advantage over new ones. I might lose any interest in a game if I had to fight with a player who had a 86 lvl Hero and is twice as strong as I am (this might took him a year to gain this lvl). Fells like cheating to me.

2) The good idea: is to take final (original) version of a Hero's card, and downgrade it's skills and power. Make 5-10 levels/upgrades, after gaining them all, you would receive original Hero card. This would make an illusion of RPG leveling. What I mean here - is to make Hero's levels limited and not giving big advantage to old players over new ones.

I hope it made sense what I tried to explain...
    I guess I wrote it unclear,cause I meant to suggest ~4 levels of upgrades:

Level 1) The original card

Level 2) The original card + x health points/attack/shadow point gain etc

Level 3) Level 2+ Maybe an extra ability or side specialty like flying, stealth or lifesteal etc

Level 4) Level 3 + more extras like in level 2.
    Although yes,what was in my mind is making the current one weaker and by upgrades making it stronger. Or well the current 26 health could also be upgraded for a longer playtime/match idk,but heroes seem way too simple with the single ability they got. The abilities they have currently are good and they are all cool,but its always nice to complicate things

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess I wrote it unclear,cause I meant to suggest ~4 levels of upgrades:
    Ups, I read your post again, and I see that I somehow forgot it. It was clear. Nevermind