Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thoughtripper's Cutlass draw from opponent deck (not a bug)

unknown bug.

A1 kruxes vs brennanc2190

mirror serena match, oponent cast sword thief on my aldon and he end his turn, then i cast toughriper cutlas and use serena ability and atack and kill sword thief, oponent shoul draw a card and discard a card and i should draw the discarded card but I only draw a card from his deck.
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes
    mirror serena match, oponent cast sword thief on my aldon and he end his turn, then i cast toughriper cutlas and use serena ability and atack and kill sword thief, oponent shoul draw a card and discard a card and i should draw the discarded card but I only draw a card from his deck.
    I don't think that's a bug. Cutlass causes them to draw first, then discard a random card, since it's random the card you steal could end up being the one they just drew, just in game it doesn't show the card go to their hand first if this ends up happening.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I don't think that's a bug. Cutlass causes them to draw first, then discard a random card, since it's random the card you steal could end up being the one they just drew, just in game it doesn't show the card go to their hand first if this ends up happening.
    Yes, that's exactly it. Not a functional bug, although it's one of these things where we could attempt to make it look less like it's doing the wrong thing so not to alarm people. Low priority though. Cheers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, that's exactly it. Not a functional bug, although it's one of these things where we could attempt to make it look less like it's doing the wrong thing so not to alarm people. Low priority though. Cheers.
    I DON'T atack at his hero I kill his ally, cutlas say: when your hero kills an posing ally in combat, that ally controller draw a card and discard a random card from their hand. while this wepon has at least 3 attack cards discarded from posing hands are placed in yours.

he should draw a card and then i draw a card but he never draw a card and i draw directly from his deck.
    Last edited by Kruxes; 10-03-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    he never draw a card.
    I kill an ally I don't attack his hero, no cutlas says he draw a card and discard a card from their hand.
    Last edited by Kruxes; 10-03-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    I DON'T atack at his hero I kill his ally, cutlas say: when your hero kills an posing ally in combat, that ally controller draw a card and discard a random card from their hand. while this wepon has at least 3 attack cards discarded from posing hands are placed in yours.

he should draw a card and then i draw a card but he never draw a card and i draw directly from his deck.
    Why should you draw a card?

He draws one card. Then you steal it. Net result is a card going from the top of his deck to your hand, which *appears* as though you have drawn directly from his deck.

If he had had more cards in his hand, then the chance of you getting one other than the one he draws will go up and you will see him drawing and you taking a different one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Why should you draw a card?

He draws one card. Then you steal it. Net result is a card going from the top of his deck to your hand, which *appears* as though you have drawn directly from his deck.

If he had had more cards in his hand, then the chance of you getting one other than the one he draws will go up and you will see him drawing and you taking a different one.
    ok i understand what you say the card he just draw is the same he discarded and the one i steal right?(sorry i just understand after read the card like 20 times but come'on my primary language is spanish) but I think the order is wrong the card should go to his hand before he discard it.