Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Its easier to accidentally attack rather than use the shadow abilty with heros.

The drag and drop feature lost me a game.. I clicked on the hero wanting to get the option for attack or ability, and it chose attack. I am guessing that it thought I dragged toward the other hero. There was no option or indication of abilty, so I ended up attacking an ally with a weapon rather than blasting it with Zaladars ability. Cost me the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Done this many times myself. Just have to pay attention always and remember that with a weapon out a hero will always attack first with the drag and drop. Also pay attention to the color of the glow around the hero (or even allies for that matter), red glow = attack, pink glow = ability.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cost me a game in MD, went to look at a card and clicked it (was a Zealot) and it started the drag and drop feature which meant I was going to be forced to play the card when I absolutely did not want to. This is very counter intuitive for a CCG emulation (this is after all an emulation of Cards) In physical play there is absolutely no way you can enforce such a thing, I can move the cards in my hand however I want and I can pull out one to look at it and put it back and in no way could you force me to play it. This is the only game so far where I have seen this in the digital realm (not played many so don't use other games to support an argument for a ridiculous feature). Drag and Drop is a great thing but most definitely should not Force you to play or do anything, there's no need for this at all and does not enhance the playing experience in any way. Just an opinion from an oldie.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Cost me a game in MD, went to look at a card and clicked it (was a Zealot) and it started the drag and drop feature which meant I was going to be forced to play the card when I absolutely did not want to. This is very counter intuitive for a CCG emulation (this is after all an emulation of Cards) In physical play there is absolutely no way you can enforce such a thing, I can move the cards in my hand however I want and I can pull out one to look at it and put it back and in no way could you force me to play it. This is the only game so far where I have seen this in the digital realm (not played many so don't use other games to support an argument for a ridiculous feature). Drag and Drop is a great thing but most definitely should not Force you to play or do anything, there's no need for this at all and does not enhance the playing experience in any way. Just an opinion from an oldie.
    I am going to agree, I have done this a few times as well you are not alone. I have lazy fingers and a very sensative touch screen apparently which I adjust constantly. Those are not good combinations at all. In this game you pay for it with a win loss ratio you just don't deserve. Fixing the drag to play option would be a bonus in my opinion. Not needed, awesome game as is.
    Last edited by FirstinLastout; 10-03-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It used to not work at all if there were both options, then it was changed in 2.85. The different coloured target lines were added at my request to help tell the difference, since I'd made the mistake too. Rampant Krygon is the classic.

I'm really not sure why people think dragging would assume ability though? Clearly the game can't guess what you mean, so it has a default of Attack.

Should we go back to no drag if there's a choice?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just asking to be able to cancel a mistaken drag or change our minds with a purposed drag, if not I can manage too as drag and drop is too cool to lose, no need to make it a choice. The lines have helped a ton! more than they have hurt, this is not a regular thing and can be avoided

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just asking to be able to cancel a mistaken drag or change our minds with a purposed drag, if not I can manage too as drag and drop is too cool to lose, no need to make it a choice. The lines have helped a ton! more than they have hurt, this is not a regular thing and can be avoided
    It can be avoided. As I had said early, lazy fingers is all! :-)
    "In this world you have to pay as you go... Sometimes, all you have."

"Hell is repitition, I think we all know this deep down inside."

"Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin, come on in! Born in vice, say it twice... At least twice."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Cancel a mistaken drag?

As long as you don't drag and let go on a target, it will cancel.

If you do release on a target then that is going to set a chain of events in motion that can't be undone! Traps can fire, allies can retaliate, etc, etc. Toothpaste out of the tube and all that.

Traps are the main thing that stop a rollback, since you learn something from them going off. It's similarly the reason that Aramia's ability doesn't refund if you cancel it, since you have learned something about your deck in the process.

I've suggested to Kyle that the ally/hero go off to the left when you attack, to make it even more obvious, and avoid that thing where they cross each other to combat. So that might come in 2.87 ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Cancel a mistaken drag?

As long as you don't drag and let go on a target, it will cancel.
    Thanks, I made you a video to illustrate my concern. This video is live drag and drop issue with Ravagers and will apply to many cards. The 2nd time I lift a Zealot (after the spitfire) I make sure to go real slow so you can see how it triggers before it is even all the way out of my hand. No where near a target and Never was it Let Go (mouse button held down entire time). They actually trigger "DONE" and jump up higher than you are holding them. If you focus on my pointer position both times you can totally see the pointer never moves away from my Hand past the length of a full card and can see that I control the aiming Dot and never release my mouse before being forced to click Done. There may be reasons to have this set in stone but not sure this is still fair behavior in all cases, in fact this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRl...ature=youtu.be

Please set to HD and full screen and examine carefully because this is exactly what cost me in play. I did not " drag and let go on a target " either time and absolutely can not cancel once it triggers. I hope this helps illustrate the issue better.

Also of note these creatures trigger this way when there is no valid targets on the field, do a turn 2 Spitfire with no items or abilities to sac, go slow and see the same thing happens.
    Last edited by tafkad; 10-04-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I made you a video to illustrate my concern. This video is live drag and drop issue with Ravagers and will apply to many cards. The 2nd time I lift a Zealot (after the spitfire) I make sure to go real slow so you can see how it triggers before it is even all the way out of my hand. No where near a target and Never was it Let Go (mouse button held down entire time). They actually trigger "DONE" and jump up higher than you are holding them. If you focus on my pointer position both times you can totally see the pointer never moves away from my Hand past the length of a full card and can see that I control the aiming Dot and never release my mouse before being forced to click Done. There may be reasons to have this set in stone but not sure this is still fair behavior in all cases, in fact this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRl...ature=youtu.be

Please set to HD and full screen and examine carefully because this is exactly what cost me in play. I did not " drag and let go on a target " either time and absolutely can not cancel once it triggers. I hope this helps illustrate the issue better.

Also of note these creatures trigger this way when there is no valid targets on the field, do a turn 2 Spitfire with no items or abilities to sac, go slow and see the same thing happens.
    Firstly, thank you for making this video to help me understand your point. I don't think any amount of words would have helped us get to this point we are at right now!

However, I fail to see how this is related to accidentally using an ally for attack instead of ability.

This is an unrelated thing.

The reason it works like this is because once you drag an ally a certain distance forwards, you have committed to casting it, just like hitting the CAST button will commit you to casting it.

In this video, clearly you had committed to casting the ally by dragging it forwards a certain distance and all that was left was deciding whether you would use his ability or not. If you click DONE then you chose not to use the ability.

I guess what's confusing people is that we treat allies different to ability cards and activated abilities. We have to do that though because an ally hits the board first, and then has its on-summon ability after that. The UI just appears to show you getting the ability whilst you are summoning it, which is not the case.

You're pretty new to this game, so you won't remember all the complaints about not being able to cancel Death Mage Thaddeus. There were plenty. He is summoned THEN he has his ability. You can't unsummon any other ally so why should you be able to unsummon him.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: If you are just suggesting that you should need to do even more of a drag to confirm you mean to summon it, then I will talk to Kyle about that. I think you moved it sufficiently enough to show you meant summon. Why would anyone even drag on a card in the first place other than to summon it?