Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tala Pureheart...my new favorite :)

Well, my old Serena deck has died out a bit, but I've been playing a lot of Tala Pureheart lately. Her ability is unique and interesting. I've seen some Tala decks around, non of which has any allies above casting cost of 5 (armored sandworm). I've played around this hero for about 3 days now, but I just recently played a match that shows how versatile Tala can be with the right allies and support cards. With weenie rush, I kept running into trouble mid to late game when bigger allies hit the board. This deck has the ability to sustain in all phases of the game (I believe). Watch my replay against Zekion (my SE name is haven fogbringer), it was a good match up and I know I'm only around 200, but this deck matched his Victor deck, card per card, round per round, you won't be disappointed

Hero: Tala Pureheart

::Allies:: [25]

Fleet-Footed Messenger [4]
    Yari Bladedancer [4]
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade [3]
    Yari Marksman [3]
    Champion of Irum [3]
    Krystoffer Wyld [3]
    Aldon The Brave [3]
    Aeon Stormcaller [2]

::Support::

Crippling Blow [4]
    War Banner [3]
    Glimmer of Hope [3]
    Blood Frenzy [3]
    The King's Pride [3]

Just couple of cards that didn't make the deck are:

[Tainted Oracle] - just too slow, for 4 dropper. I put in glimmer of hope, the idea is to shuffle the deck to try to find the optimal card in a crucial situation.
    [The Last Harvest] - great card, but the [3] resources just kills it, with Bladedancer, king's pride, war banner and Aldon, pumping the weenies shouldn't be a problem.
    [Eleanor, Princess of Ellos] great ability, but the [1] health is just so easy to get rid of her

Please help me in making this deck better thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -2 aeon
    +2 braxnorian

Anyone?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not an expert on Tala, but why is there no Fortified Wisp?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried the wisp, but I ended up putting in Yari for it since I needed some kind of an ally destruction, what should i place it in for? Same thing for the AS, I had placed aeon in its place, but the meta seems to be full of weenies and haste allies so I took out aeon and put in braxnorian instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why no irinia she has great synergy with yari bladedancer and aldon
    Member of Shadow Era Titans

IGN: SET Xavier
    Telegram: @SETXavier

Any questions about my post or general message me on telegram

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good looking deck. It's pretty close to mine.

You seem a little light on 3 cost allies. I guess War Banner can be considered a 3 drop to some extent.

I don't quite see how you expect to retake the board following a slow start though. Viska by herself will have at 4 attack and Marksman can't hold the board. Personally, I went with Wild Berserker.

I like the Princess a lot. OK, she's useless on T2 against Shadow (DMT, Rampant Krygon) but she can win matches by herself against Humans. Plus, she's pretty neat behind a protector.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you guys for much needed input...tala is all about ally selection and I'm constantly looking for a good mixture of allies...I've even tried weenies behind valiant defender and that works well too...given that tala's ability can be negated by a single card, the hardest part and the most important part is to maximize a single ability proc from her. Anyways, irina is too slow...allies rarely stay in the board with mass ally removals in the game now, the idea with this deck is to gain tempo and speed and a slow start really does pit this deck behind so the wild berserker sounds really good. Anything with haste will help this deck. Thanks guys.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a random thought - Aeon is great, but you're alraedy giving out protector, wouldn't Midnight Sentinel accomplish much of the same thing (by buffing a single protector's hp)? But on a cheaper more flexible package? I don't really play Tala so feel free to correct me.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, yes it is...first time i played with tala, I had Eleanor and midnight sentinel as they work well with each other...just trying to test out different allies now.