Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Flameforged Sceptre

Any chance to make the +1 last til the start of your next turn? I fear this weapon will continue to be little used as it has been and maybe will help make it a little more threatening

It is an EPIC item and does not quite feel there yet - looks sort of like this (example):

Last edited by tafkad; 10-02-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added visual example

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes sense to me. The main reason you'd want this would be for defense. As it is, the main use is to kill allies with 2 health. You really can't afford to be suffering counterattacks in order to set allies ablaze (maybe if they had 3 health, so they die before they get to attack you again). Whereas if you could use it defensively, it would potentially be able to take out allies with 5 health if they attack you, they get set ablaze, and you can attack them next turn for the kill.

An alternative fix would be to just add Ambush to its activated ability (maybe take off the +1 dmg if you need for balance). 1SE to cause some damage and set ablaze is an ok deal. 1SE to cause some damage, set ablaze and receive some damage is a bad deal - add in the resource cost, and the use of a card, and taking up your weapon slot, and it's a horrible deal - at least for mages.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup, best with fang and fun can kill a 4 health with no retaliation. Really no reason, given the SE cost which face it is a real cost, to activate it and have that +1 be there for defense. It has only 3 shots left after your first strike and if you play this you usually use 2 if lucky before it is gone. Two damage on defense would I know also mean by the text they (attackers) too get set ablaze, that's the idea - more fun.

The ambush is nice too considering Sabre got it and could fit the mage theme as well w/o even "breaking" this cool card that is not very competitively used, that I've seen? thx Bob

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW - Thank you for making this happen!