Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ok so why did i draw?

In my last match i (playin Amber) had 28 hp and opposing zaladar had only 2 hp. I had lily rosecult and a jeweler dream also in play but in his turn he draw the match. How was that possible?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    two possibilities:
    1 - he offered a draw by typing in Offer Draw and you clicked ok. This is a feature in case there is really bad lag or other bugs so players don't have to resign and affect their rankings.

2 - there was a server-client issue and the game couldn't resolve it so it called a draw. This is relatively rare, but it happens. Often there's a "sync error" and you'll see bizarre behavior like allies flying from hands to attack allies in graveyards, etc.

Don't let it get you down - you had the game won, so feel like a winner inside.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm im sure i didnt click ok on offer draw so it must have been the latter. Btw what does ranking depend on? I know score depend on ranking but i dunno what ranking depends on i mean how does it increase per match won?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by darkreaper520 View Post
    Hmm im sure i didnt click ok on offer draw so it must have been the latter. Btw what does ranking depend on? I know score depend on ranking but i dunno what ranking depends on i mean how does it increase per match won?
    It will go up and down drastically at first depending on who you beat. For instance, you might gain around 10 ranking for beating someone at a higher ranking or lose 10 ranking for losing to someone at a lower ranking. As you play more this drop and rise eventually evens out to around 2-3 points per win/loss. Players who get lucky win streaks (10 games for example) at the beginning of the season will get to around 270 ranking, but the moment they lose to someone at 230 ranking or below, they might see a drop of 20-30 points. There's a huge wall of text somewhere in the forum explaining how it works.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    two possibilities:
    1 - he offered a draw by typing in Offer Draw and you clicked ok. This is a feature in case there is really bad lag or other bugs so players don't have to resign and affect their rankings.

2 - there was a server-client issue and the game couldn't resolve it so it called a draw. This is relatively rare, but it happens. Often there's a "sync error" and you'll see bizarre behavior like allies flying from hands to attack allies in graveyards, etc.

Don't let it get you down - you had the game won, so feel like a winner inside.
    Yeah I got the sync error but I was losing the match, so...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hello,
    i keep receiving draws and no "accept draw" button pops up..
    No sync error communicated via GUI just "DRAW"
    Where is the button OK or ACCEPT DRAW is supposed to appear? Is there a countdown for its acceptance at the eend of which you automatically accept?
    Thanks for your replay

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @MIZAR

If either end, or the server itself, has an error, then the game will end in a draw. Otherwise, it would only draw if your opponent requests and you accept (or vice versa). I can only conceive that you experienced a sync error, regardless of what was communicated via GUI.
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I made some research few weeks ago when I calculate the "fear factor" for every hero. I offered draw in T1 every game and calculate percentage of accepts for different heroes. If they decline I continued and played the game. And if there was only one turn to my win I get draw many times... It was like the opponent find a way to re-open my draw request when he is going to die...

Have you offered him draw during a game?
    I also had some draws in last turns, when I should win... there was some bugs in SE lately, when you can force draw by special combos (something with treasured heirlooms in graveyard...), maybe there is some other bug like this one now...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !