Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bug List - 2.86

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    Hi Gondorian, opp has fortified wisp. I attach vision of endia onto F Wisp. then cast lightning strike. how much damage should the wisp take?
    Am i right to think that F Wisp should have been killed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy Striker View Post
    Am i right to think that F Wisp should have been killed?
    If I'm not mistaken, attachments trigger after the ally they're attached to no matter who controls the attachment.

When you try to deal damage with Lightning Strike, the game will look for relevant triggers. It will check your Hero, your allies and your item/abilities. I do not think it will trigger the Vision of Endia at that point.

Then the game will move on to your opponent Hero and allies. Here Fortified Wisp will reduce the damage by 2 (down to 1), then his attachments will trigger so VoE will double the damage (up to 2).

Garth, when he is the active Hero, should trigger before your opponent's allies so the damage gets doubled before any damage reduction can be applied.

I'd be interested to see what happens during Garth's opponent's turn.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Bug List - 2.86

Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, attachments trigger after the ally they're attached to no matter who controls the attachment.

When you try to deal damage with Lightning Strike, the game will look for relevant triggers. It will check your Hero, your allies and your item/abilities. I do not think it will trigger the Vision of Endia at that point.

Then the game will move on to your opponent Hero and allies. Here Fortified Wisp will reduce the damage by 2 (down to 1), then his attachments will trigger so VoE will double the damage (up to 2).

Garth, when he is the active Hero, should trigger before your opponent's allies so the damage gets doubled before any damage reduction can be applied.

You are right. We have to use SRO to apply modifiers to damage because there are cases that are not simple addition/subtraction. On Garth's opponent's turn, Wisp's reduction will happen before his doubling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post

But Vision of Endia was changed so that it specifically says the damage can't be reduced or prevented. So when the Fortified wisp's ability is triggered, shouldn't Endia cancel this before the damage is prevented?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    But Vision of Endia was changed so that it specifically says the damage can't be reduced or prevented. So when the Fortified wisp's ability is triggered, shouldn't Endia cancel this before the damage is prevented?
    Mind you this is on the 2.86 thread, the updated version of VoE is x1122881983636 times better.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    Mind you this is on the 2.86 thread, the updated version of VoE is x1122881983636 times better.
    Updated VoE makes all this irrelevant, yes. Only Garth to worry about for working out the order of your calculations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the update