Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    But on the original topic of these in game flame mongers, just say something way more f'd up than they could ever think of. Trust me they will leave you alone ive done it before lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's usually more effective to be polite. I will almost always respond with a glhf if they start early into the game. Then end with a gg at the end - hopefully managing a W in the process.

I find that it makes them feel more ridiculous shouting obscenities if I am not doing anything to provoke them. It's also more amusing for me. Lol

The thing is, players who have completely pwned me have almost all been unfailingly courteous. I believe that you can afford to be gracious when your skill speaks for itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On the other side of things, when I'm playing someone and completely destroy them, I have no idea what to say. Pretty much anything I can think of makes me feel like I'm being condescending. :|
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by betrayal4life View Post
    it really depends on the situation. if someone obviously tops like 3+ cards in a row it does get frustrating.
    You want to watch a replay of the game I had last night against Muthexo - seriously he was dominating me the whole game with solid plays and draws but I somehow managed to hold on with risky plays and top deck answers. I eventually managed to pull out a win from a 15 vs 2 life difference with blood frenzy in play. The last turn came down to glimmer of hope (appropriately named!) digging out the one card that could complete a highly unlikely combo and just sneak in the win before I pinged myself to death.

I don't mind saying that I got VERY lucky in that game, by all rights I should have been toast and he was flat out robbed - both that that stopped me fist pumping the air when I got the victory screen!

I GG'd him when I knew I could win, but the replay doesn't show that.
    Last edited by Heidrek Rampant; 10-14-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by betrayal4life View Post
    it really depends on the situation. if someone obviously tops like 3+ cards in a row it does get rather frustrating. Or I have played a certain opponent who i wont name 4 games total and he has just absoultely god handed me every game. That is enough to make anybody a little pissed off, and those who know me know im a pretty easy going guy i try to get along with everyone, but i will admit when i lose to skill i dont mind when i lose to luck i get mad lol.
    Right now I usually only get frustrated if I cannot figure out whether or not I made the correct plays (it mostly comes in Poker and more often than not it comes with hands I win) during a game. Sometimes it's of course irritating if I'm on a downswing but at the same time, it's variance and I can just focus on my play and not on the fact that I've lost a lot.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-14-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlOnFire View Post
    I think it's usually more effective to be polite. I will almost always respond with a glhf if they start early into the game. Then end with a gg at the end - hopefully managing a W in the process.

I find that it makes them feel more ridiculous shouting obscenities if I am not doing anything to provoke them. It's also more amusing for me. Lol

The thing is, players who have completely pwned me have almost all been unfailingly courteous. I believe that you can afford to be gracious when your skill speaks for itself.
    They go hand in hand - if you can't acknowledge your own mistakes and failures, you can't learn from them. Therefore you can't really improve. There are some good players who keep a cool head, acknowledge their losses and mistakes, and continue to trash talk as either a strategy, or just a social thing that they picked up and enjoy. But the bulk of trash talkers are doing it from pure emotion and frustration and their inability to acknowledge reality imposes a limit to how skilled they can become.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i don't mind 'trash talkers' pretty much at all, thats ok, can even recall enjoying a few of Blueblurrs monologues ))))) on the other hand people wishing 'someone's mom cancer' should get immediate ban from chat, period

..trash-talking as a part of distraction-strategy (i think i can call it that) will always be part of any game allowing chat, but those poor souls using seriously strong language shouldn't b given the right to speak 'in public' imo
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Played with this guy before, all he says is "Hahaha" every turn which is annoying. Glad I won.