Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Holy Shield and 0 health hero

I have a few questions about how Holy Shield should work in the following scenarios (I wasn't able to test them):

1)
    Player A has 1 health left and Confluence of Fate attached to his hero. He casts Holy Shield and ends play.
    Player B has also 1 health and Blood Frenzy attached (or any other card that deals one damage at the start of the turn). So when Player A ends his turn, Player B goes to 0 health.
    Who will win? Player A because he can't be killed while he has Holy Shield attached (although his health will be 0)?

2)
    Player A has 5 or less health, empty deck and Holy Shield attached.
    Player B has 1 health and any sustain card in play (CoF/Vermin). He plays All Hope is Lost and ends play (he doesn't have an empty deck).
    Who will win? Player A because his Holy Shield will be removed at the start of his turn, but Player B will have gotten the 1 damage at the end of his turn?

3)
    Player A has 1 health left and Confluence of Fate & Rampage attached to his hero. He casts Holy Shield and ends play.
    Player B has at least one ally in play and he kills at least one of them (e.g. sac lamb, supernova, tidal wave).
    Will Player A heal from the killed ally or not?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Thanks Mojumbo, that seems like a sensible change to me, since it has a clear answer to every scenario I asked (and probably many more). It makes sense to me and it will prevent all the potential troubles from new cards
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 09-28-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

Going forward, Holy Shield will be interpreted such that "can't be killed" will mean your hero can't drop below 1 health. We feel that a hero at 0 health should be dead regardless of Holy Shield, so it is more intuitive to just have your health stay at 1 while you have a Holy Shield attached. Holy Shield will now work kind of like a Shard of Power, but rather than a maximum of 1 health your ally/hero has a minimum of 1 health while it is attached, regardless of underlying health value.

Given that interpretation, the answers to your following scenarios would be as follows:

1) Player A's health will stay at 1 thanks to Holy Shield and Player B will die to Blood Frenzy.

2) All Hope is Lost will drop Player A's health to 1 (but not 0, since he can't die) and then Player B will die to the sustain cost.

3) Player A will stay at 1 health thanks to Holy Shield (Confluence dropped his underlying health to 0, but Holy Shield enforces a minimum of 1). Player B killing his own ally will then heal Player A's hero up to 2 health thanks to Rampage's effect.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Gondorian; 10-23-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101