Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ricochet Trap Vs Dread Wolf

I think this is a bug but not sure because the wording on R Trap is kind of conflicting in this case but have a look:

Ricochet Trap: Play face down. The next time your hero is attacked by an opposing hero or ally, the attacker deals its combat damage to itself and is disabled for 1 turn, and the attack is canceled.

Dread Wolf: Haste. When Dread Wolf deals combat damage, it gains +1 base attack.

Dread wolf does not gain +1 when it triggers the trap, the first part of the trap says "deals its combat damage to itself" which should be the thing to make it still happen as it does deal 1 combat damage to itself, the last part is the conflicting thing "and the attack is canceled" seems that may make this the way it is.

I am not sure why it has "and the attack is canceled" in it's text and the DT would know better than I as it must have some relevance to game mechanics, but is sort of strange because when the attack is redirected to itself it does in fact take place, it may have "canceled" attacking the original target but had it truly totally canceled it then no combat damage could occur. A little help to clear this one up is needed to know if this is a bug or not. Thx!

Mo pointed out to me also the wording at the end is to signify no retaliation happens from the original target which makes sense but the rest still does not.

EDIT: Thx MoJo! that will make much more sense with revised wording
    Last edited by tafkad; 09-27-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

The wording on Ricochet Trap is a little confusing and will be cleaned up to make it more obvious what it does. Essentially, the trap cancels your ally's initial attack and then deals ability damage to the ally equal to its attack and disables it for 1 turn. Dread Wolf should not get a +1 base attack bonus from a Ricochet Trap.

The new wording would look something like this: "Play face down. The next time your hero is attacked by an opposing hero or ally, the attack is canceled, and the attacker takes damage equal to its attack and is disabled for 1 turn."

Hope that helps!
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101