Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nishaven 1.25

Dont use a Allie less version. You cant hit then faster then they will hit you.
    Be agressive. More. And remember to use Bazaar after they play Blood Frenzy.
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    update: I actually won a couple of matches against Gwenyth. It was super close, I think I had 1 hp left on one and 2 on the other. I will say that SS saved my bacon in both matches. I think in only 1 instance was 1 destroyed. In every fight I took some heavy damage early on and had to scramble to win. The other card that saved me was Erika Shadowhunter. Because I kept the board control, i was able to get her into play with SS and out damage her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    I will say that SS saved my bacon in both matches.
    I thought you meant Soul Seeker. I was confused there for a minute, until I realized you were talking about Snow Sapphire lol. Anyway, moving on.. Yes, Snow Sapphire almost renders Rapid Fire useless if you don't have any allies. As long as you maintain board control after you drop your SS, it's quite hard for hunters to kill mages (unless he's using Gravedigger's Cloak, and use your own spells against you lol).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys I've been reading up on all of your advice. Could you give me some feedback on this deck? It would be much appreciated

Nishaven

Aldon the Brave x2

Fireball x4
    Lightning strike x4
    Supernova x2

Poison gas x1
    Engulfing flames x2

Freeze x2
    Clinging Webs x2
    Rain delays x3

Research x4

Snow Sapphire x2
    Voice of Winter x1

Total: 30
    Last edited by icyt; 05-08-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick question: What is this deck good against? I keep playing this and other human mages but they don't stand a chance against any tuned deck I have played (I am only ~270 level). Is there some deck in the meta this kind of deck is good against. I don't mean to be insulting but I am honestly confused why I see so many of these decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's definitely not the best hero, but I'm relatively new to the game. I find the deck can either be pretty strong against most decks, or relatively weak, and I believe that it depends strongly, more so than other decks, on whether you get the right cards in the right order.

As to why you see so many, I think the answer is quite simple. Newbies pick Nishaven because his picture looks pretty, and whatever it says on the front sounds decent.

Speaking for myself, as I've progressed I enjoy the style of play, as flawed as it is, the high risk, fast and aggressive strategy always makes for fun games, no matter who you play. I find that all this makes pulling off a win so much more satisfying. For me it's not all about churning out the rank, although attempting to is part of the fun.
    Last edited by icyt; 05-08-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    started first time with boris..... two games in scrapped account, and switched to Nishaven and havent looked back, tried multiple decks with other heros, shadow and human, but always come back to Nish after very few games, great to see some fellow fans! love a good Nish v Nish game

Ciudad De Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico, Mexico
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    13 Allies
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    3 Puwen Bloodheim
    3 aldon the brave
    3 Aeon Stormcaller
    1 brake windrunner

17 Spells:
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Supernova
    4 reseach
    2 bad santa

4 Equipment:
    3 Snow Sapphire
    1 Voice of Winter

is my deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hey @Dimensquare
    I found this thread linked to from a Sticky. I've been using your deck with decent success!

1x Bazaar I swapped out for 1x Research and I don't have enough coins to get all the Aeons, but I have one. Also left in one of the +2 to damage cards with the guys sharpening the sword. Anyway, pretty much I am using the deck and I think it's quite good.

GC