Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member blueblurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    372
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashriel88 View Post
    So there is α 66.68 % chance that would draw it by turn 3. And the chance to draw it by turn 3 in 10 consecutive games (the ones that i checked) is 66.68%10 = 1.73% according to statistics. It is a little lucky to be part of the 1.73% chances instead of the 98.27%, don't you think?
    No offence to your deckbuilding or playing skills (which I think are awesome), just want to point out that sometimes luck favored you in the drawing engine part of the games and the deck looked more consistent due to not needing additional draw in any of the games

    Agree entirely, and very very well put! But let me ask you this... Why do I need secondary draw? If I miss BF on T3 does that mean I need to play a bad card, for example, like bazaar? You don't need to draw cards if you aren't playing cards. BF can be played on a later turn when you draw it and there is a lull in the board action. I'm a huge fan of not including cards for the sake of "draw." Drawing is important, very important. But you can also design a deck to work when it does not draw its engine - I think this deck works. Cripples and Marksman will buy you time when you miss BF. Just my 2 cents
    IGN: blueblurr

  2. #12
    Senior Member pjoe0211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,482
    Tournaments Joined
    3
    Tournaments Won
    1
    the lack of draw makes this not viable at all in a tournament, but im sure its a solid quick match deck
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

    Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

  3. #13
    Senior Member blueblurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    372
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    the lack of draw makes this not viable at all in a tournament, but im sure its a solid quick match deck
    What the hell is the difference?! Explanation....
    IGN: blueblurr

  4. #14
    Senior Member pjoe0211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,482
    Tournaments Joined
    3
    Tournaments Won
    1
    i just feel in order to win 4 best of 3 matches which is required to win a 16 man tournament. you will struggle to not have any 3 and lower cc allies. also in 4 best of 3 matches, i did a little math and there is a 52.8ish% chance that you will not have a bf by turn 3 in 2 of the 3 games in at least one of the 4 matches.

    because you have so few cheaper cards you will likely be sacrificing a whole turn just to play bf later in the game(or waiting a very long time to play it but you will be pretty far behind by that point) and against a good player i just dont see this deck being successful in consecutive best of 3 matches.

    you should actually try some of your decks in tournaments before you declare yourself the best player too, although im not sure if you would be allowed in because of your bad manners
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

    Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

  5. #15
    Senior Member bobrossw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,406
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blueblurr's already got secondary draw in there: Nathanias !
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

  6. #16
    Senior Member blueblurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    372
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    UPDATE:

    Okay, tested with Seductress and I'm sold, she's great. Good even in lategame as long as you plan your resources the turn before you want to use her. So...

    -1 Aldon the Brave
    -1 War Banner
    -3 Stalwart Battleguard

    +3 Layarian Seductress
    +2 Tainted Oracle (there is your secondary draw, bitches!)

    I refuse to use bilateral draw in a control deck - defeats the whole purpose of winning through card advantage.

    Results good so far! Go test!
    IGN: blueblurr

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I tried your deck, its interesting, I subbed Rotham's Visage in stead of KP because your guys are already big, why not give them haste, and visage and a little better on defense then kp (unless they destroy it)
    IGN: BP SirShajir

    Inquisitor of Truth
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  8. #18
    DP Visionary Shadows R Us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Missouri, US (GMT -6)
    Posts
    815
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    UPDATE:

    Okay, tested with Seductress and I'm sold, she's great. Good even in lategame as long as you plan your resources the turn before you want to use her. So...

    -1 Aldon the Brave
    -1 War Banner
    -3 Stalwart Battleguard

    +3 Layarian Seductress
    +2 Tainted Oracle (there is your secondary draw, bitches!)

    I refuse to use bilateral draw in a control deck - defeats the whole purpose of winning through card advantage.

    Results good so far! Go test!
    Why make such big changes to a 16-0 deck?
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    IGN: BP Shadows R Us

  9. #19
    Senior Member seedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,215
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I hope u didnt ask for a draw in bad matchup again blueblur

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    update:


    +2 tainted oracle (there is your secondary draw, bitches!)

    results good so far! Go test!
    lmao.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •