My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I am in this
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So what happens with allies with passives? I image there ability is just free....Scourge Colossus

What about on summon abilities, like sk for example? Does he summon himself every turn and draw and ally from the graveyard? Or is his ability irrelevant and I should choose someone else for hero?
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Story:
    Location inside a volcano. Good guys trying to rescue someone of importance who was kidnapped, or looking for an ancient relic to help fight the badies, or trying to shut down a portal opening.

Hero: Phoenix Urigon
    Modification: 26 HP

Deck list:

Ironhide Karash x4
    Fatebreak Familiar x2
    Morbid Acolyte x4
    Grimhast x3
    Phoenix Urigon x4
    Flameborn Defiler x3

Fireball x4
    Nova x2
    Trans Curse x3
    Sac Lamb x2
    Urigons Fang x3
    Flameforged Guantlets x4
    Flameforged Scepter x3

General strategy:
    Hero is basically has 2 lives, though his second life is on an Enflamed timer. Must be Shadow based so enflamed can't be removed. Normal boss early becomes more aggressive late when Attack become fire it combos with Flamborn Defiler. Added weapon flameforged scepter to increase damage output and creates an SE outlet since hero ability is passive. Grimhast weakens opponents Attack strength and urigons fang slows opponents pace also SE outlet. With the longer game opponents can really afford to keep ignoring phoenixs. Heavy fire theme so Flameforged Guantlets for main drawing, with sac lamb as secondary. Deck has a general high cost association to it but with hero having so much HP it could probably afford the slower paced play style.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am so down for this.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Story:
    Location inside graveyard outside a really important church. Human battle. Shadow energy awakens the dead who begin to Attack the town. Survive and find out what's going on.

Hero: Corpse Shifter
    Modification: 26 HP

Deck list:
    Harbinger x4
    Death Collector x4
    Cryptspawn Hound x4
    Death Mage Thaddeus x3
    Shadow Knight x4

Urigons Fang x3
    Trans Curse x2
    Undying Bond x3
    Sac Lamb x2
    Tombstone Beacon x4
    Necro Shroud x3
    Bone Saber x4

General strategy:
    Corpse Hurler has an awesome ability but it's a complete hand dump so draw needs to be very continuous. Tombstone beacon promotes drawing by playing allies, Sk and undying bond help reload hand with hurler ammo with bonus Attack boost. Discarding is pretty common so necro shroud to get some nice use from the fallen allies. Bone saber adds a nice pseudo haste option. sE outlets are urigons fang and Trans curse.
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Story:
    Location shadow camp nighttime. Bad guy battle. Lyra sets an ambush on shadow forces striking while they gather their troops hoping to keep oppenent numbers is dispersed groups.

Hero: Lyra Blackrose
    Modification: 27 HP

Deck list:

Skilled Irongmonger x4
    Spirit Warden x4
    Layarian Seductress x3
    Aldon x3
    Marshland Sentinel x4
    Raven x2
    Aldmor Conduit x4
    Smoke Screen x4
    Stop, Theif! x2
    Spirit Shriken x4
    Sourcerous Poison x2
    Black Garb x4

General strategy:
    Basically control the board with a variety of tools while minimizing opponents use of SE.
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very awesome, and cool to see so many entries already!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The adventurer needs to enter a hostile kingdom. An old tinkerer pushing a cart full of wares offers to sneak the adventurer into town in his cart. He covers the adventurer in hay, and at nightfall the cart stops. The adventurers look out to see shadowy figures surrounding the cart. The tinkerer grins at them and explains, "there's been a slight change of plans..."

Hero: Wily Smuggler (Rogue)
    Modification: 27 HP

Deck List:

Nightshade x3
    Aldon the Brave x2
    Midnight Sentinel x4
    Sword Thief x3
    Lily Rosecult x3
    Oliver Fagin x2

Stop, Thief! x3

Good Ascendant x1
    Black Garb x3
    Vozitian Orders x3
    Nurturing Spring x1
    Thoughtful Investment x1
    Ill-Gotten Gains x4
    Dagger of Unmaking x4
    Looter's Baton x3
    Gravedigger's Cloak x1

So I'm not sure how the combination of hero attack power + item power works. I'm assuming they get added together so Dagger of Unmaking does 3.

In any case this is a deck that is all about bouncing and control through bouncing. Smuggler's ability lets him have a lot of tempo when playing items + allies. I included a lot of lesser used items that I thought might be worthwhile if they didn't cost so much (like thoughtful investment) the general idea is this is a guy with a ton of gadgets.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yari Alliance – Human Warrior Campaign

Intro Text

It’s a cold and brutal trek through the mountains of Irum. It is normally a region you would avoid but these are desperate times. The Shadow are advancing further into Layar and more than ever alliances are needed, and one of the largest armies belongs to the Yari. Their leader is known as Xander, a brutal man forged in war. Normally the Yari are only loyal to the coin, but now it’s a matter of survival.

As you approach the Yari camp a phalanx of Spearmen is there to greet you, their deadly blades almost quivering with the anticipation of drawing blood. However Xander waves them aside as he steps forward. A bear of a man, he towers above even the hardened warriors of his mercenary army. Listening to your proposal, you expect Xander to send you packing. Instead he offers an ultimatum. If you can best him in combat, his army is yours to command. If not, then you shall die in the frozen wastes, useful only as food for the beasts.

As you draw your weapon you realise the gravity of the situation. The outcome of this fight may very well change the balance of the war in Layar.

You pray you are ready.

Deck

Xander, Yari Captain
    HP: 30

4 x Yari Bladedancer
    4 x Yari Spearmen
    4 x Yari Shieldbearer
    4 x Yari Marksman

4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    3 x Treasured Heirloom
    3 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Mettle of the Yari
    3 x A Legend Rises

2 x Pride of the Yari

2 x Spectral Sabre

39 + hero

Victory Text

You lower your weapons and offer to help Xander up. He pushes your hand aside as he slowly gets to his feet, attempting to salvage his pride. For a moment you think he will try and avenge his defeat, but he proves a man of his word, offering you his blade as a symbolic gesture of his loyalty. Now with one of the largest Yari tribes allied to your cause you prepare to take the fight to the Shadow.

Defeat Text

As you fall to the ground you see Xander standing over you. Your ears are filled with the sounds of mocking laughter as you sink into the abyss.

Deckbuilding Restrictions

No Yari allowed.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!