Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Secruoser View Post
    One short paragraph describing encounter to which player?!
    The paragraph is for the person playing the game to give them some context of what the encounter is about and perhaps hint at what to expect.

Any modifications to health and/or attack of AI hero only? What about passive/active ability?
    Yes, mortifications to health and or the attack of the AI Hero only. You can not change the text of the ability.

AI deck list? Where is that?
    The deck list tells us what cards you think the AI should have.

Hope that clears things up! As I answer questions, I will add them to the first post for future reference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure what there is to misunderstand.

These are single-player campaigns vs. the AI. They function similarly to the existing AI games, except that there is a storyline (that the author must provide) and a theme to the mission, and a boss (the author must choose one of the existing allies to serve as the AI's hero, but this 'boss' version of the ally can have different starting health and attack values.

The author provides a decklist (the cardpool from which the AI will draw its cards) that is not necessarily limited to 4x of a given card, but the stats of the cards in the deck (other than the boss/hero) may NOT be modified.

Examples of all of the above have been cited, and many people have already devised and posted entries. Give it a try, it's fun! For purposes of the above explanation, if you write an entry, you are the 'author', so you don't need to ask how to contact the author, where to find the AI decklist, who is the player, etc.

A few entrants became a bit confused by whether the AI boss should still be subject to ally-type attachment cards, but I don't think it should. The AI boss acts as a hero, so it should only be able to wear hero attachments like Blood Frenzy, and not ally attachments like Bloodthirsty.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by a player; 10-08-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: ninja'd by Muriah because I took too long....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about AI name? Can it be Fire Snake Queen or Dirk Saber the Silent?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the center of the estate there is a large overgrown garden. It seems in poor repair, and there is refuse scattered about. You pass several sleeping men covered with scars, and finally come to the center of the garden. On a large cushion sits a beautiful, but powerful woman in full armor. She looks up, and smiles at you. Just then you notice the men rising from the ground and surrounding you. You notice a playful glint enter her eyes as the woman says, "Don't worry darling, I like you...unfortunately my boyfriends don't."

Hero: Braxnorian Temptress
    HP: 30

20x Kristoffer Wyld
    10x Bad Santa

4x Mournblade
    3x Lythian Sledgehammer
    3x King's Pride

Pretty self explanatory: a horde of allies with haste, some weapons, defender even the dumb AI can play this deck properly. Of course there are some easy counters, but that's what these are about eh? Figuring out how those counters work.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about AI name? Can it be Fire Snake Queen or Dirk Saber the Silent?
    No the name of the card can not be changed. However, you can use the encounter description to set up the scenario. e.g. "You meet the Fire Snake Queen" (then AI is Fire Snake with larger health and damage).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    In the center of the estate there is a large overgrown garden. It seems in poor repair, and there is refuse scattered about. You pass several sleeping men covered with scars, and finally come to the center of the garden. On a large cushion sits a beautiful, but powerful woman in full armor. She looks up, and smiles at you. Just then you notice the men rising from the ground and surrounding you. You notice a playful glint enter her eyes as the woman says, "Don't worry darling, I like you...unfortunately my boyfriends don't."

Hero: Braxnorian Temptress
    HP: 30

20x Kristoffer Wyld
    10x Bad Santa

4x Mournblade
    3x Lythian Sledgehammer
    3x King's Pride

Pretty self explanatory: a horde of allies with haste, some weapons, defender even the dumb AI can play this deck properly. Of course there are some easy counters, but that's what these are about eh? Figuring out how those counters work.
    Pull a few Kris and swap in some of the larger hasters. Maybe 5?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Stronghold of Heroes

Okay, I'm planning to lay down a Balor-wide perspective to each hero's stronghold... I'm not sure if there's an official lore but I make guess based on their abilities and classes to complement the geographical advantages. A hero's stronghold is not necessarily the hero's origin, just like our workplace or current home is not our birthplace.

Basically human heroes will march from their origin city towards Lyth, Irum or Layar and finally to Mt Balor to fight Rothem and vanquish the Shadows from Balor once and for all, and shadow heroes will march from their origin city towards Vozit, Ellos or Gaderi before returning to Castle Layar to fight Loest to conquer Balor.

Some simple relations: rogues in cities to trade service for gold, hunters in mountains/forests, wulvens in vale, priests in temples, warriors/fire mages in stronghold cities or port cities for ammunition and army, elementals in random places (from shadow gates), lightning magic in mountains, and ice/undead magic up north.

Let me know if there are some hardline lore which I need to follow

SE-Heroes-Origins---Sheet1.jpg
    Last edited by Secruoser; 10-10-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamya9 View Post
    Pull a few Kris and swap in some of the larger hasters. Maybe 5?
    Sure, maybe put in 2 Braxnorian Soldiers and 4 Fleet-Footed Messengers. I really was going for flavor there more than anything else, but those could work.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I'm planning to lay down a Balor-wide perspective to each hero's stronghold... I'm not sure if there's an official lore but I make guess based on their abilities and classes to complement the geographical advantages.
    (...)
    Some simple relations: rogues in cities to trade service for gold, hunters in mountains/forests, wulvens in vale, priests in temples, warriors/fire mages in stronghold cities or port cities for ammunition and army, elementals in random places (from shadow gates), lightning magic in mountains, and ice/undead magic up north.

Let me know if there are some hardline lore which I need to follow
    Secruoser, this sounds very similar to what we are already working on for the Champaign mode! As with any entry, we can always make edits or additions to the final encounter to make it fit with official lore. You may want to check out the article on the Balor map (http://www.shadowera.com/content.php...e-Map-of-Balor) for a downloadable link. The detail you can see when you zoom in on the map is great and it might bring you some inspiration! Looks like you're on the right track though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human hero: Wymer the Lionheart 30hp

After countless encounters it seem the war accross Balor is finally over. Many allies have been lost but sure enough not in vain. As many of you rise from your last battle, unable to catch a breath, you notice something strange in the distance. Multiple unkown shadows facing your direction. The thought of them wanting blood didnt escape your mind. One figure stood above all, ready to lead; the rest, ready to charge. You call forth Wymer making him aware he fights along side you, frontline. As he mounts his stead, grips his weapon you cant help but hear Wymer nervously mumble, "Lead through example, guide through strength." As the wave of shadows charge toward you two, theres no choice but to prepare yourselves. It appears you have one more battle. Will you be victorious or will we rise with the undead?

40 cards +hero

Hero: Wymer 30hp

2X aeon stormcaller
    2X armored sandworm
    3X jasmine
    3x Champion of irum
    2X aldon the brave
    3X fleet footed messenger
    2X VtSB
    3X rider of ellos

4X blood frenzy
    4X crippling blow