Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Request: SF Majiya

I was looking for a competitive SF Majiya deck, but it looks like nobody uses this hero anymore! Come on guys, I remember in CotC and DP that I used to get scared when in QM my opponent had Majiya..
    Do anyone know a list or a concept from which I can start developing and testing something good?

(sorry if wrong section)
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally agree, I have the same interest in a viable/competitive deck. Im curious...

"Be polite; write diplomatically;
    even in a declaration of war one observes the
    rules of politeness."
    Otto von Bismarck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can post my SF decklist for ya, but be warned it's a rough copy. Only ever got me to 299, couldn't ever break 300 with it.

Ironhide Karash x4
    Grimghast x3
    Voracious Arachnid x3
    Slingblade Demon x3
    Gravemonger x3
    Shadow Knight x3
    Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned x3
    Tome of Knowledge x4
    Sacrificial Lamb x2
    Fireball x4
    Portal x4
    Meteor Shower x3

It's basically just an old Majiya Portal deck with new cards, but it allows for some fun combos, notably:
    -Grimghast making Karash even tankier in combat,
    -Majiya's ability softening up allies for Arachnid to eat,
    -SK + Slingblade shenanigans (turn 5 SK, turn 6 Slingblade and replay SK, etc),
    And others. Plus Gravemonger works well for Mages with their spells, and Infernus improves the damage of Majiya's ability, Fireball, and Meteor Shower, and he can oneshot every unboosted ally in the game aside from (I think) Aeon n' Gunther, including Sandworm and Dakrath, combined with Portal he's almost a death sentence.

Make of it what you will, hopefully this gives you some inspiration for your own deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    I totally agree, I have the same interest in a viable/competitive deck. Im curious...
    I saw that in your decks compilation you were looking for the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunatic View Post
    I can post my SF decklist for ya, but be warned it's a rough copy. Only ever got me to 299, couldn't ever break 300 with it.

Ironhide Karash x4
    Grimghast x3
    Voracious Arachnid x3
    Slingblade Demon x3
    Gravemonger x3
    Shadow Knight x3
    Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned x3
    Tome of Knowledge x4
    Sacrificial Lamb x2
    Fireball x4
    Portal x4
    Meteor Shower x3

It's basically just an old Majiya Portal deck with new cards, but it allows for some fun combos, notably:
    -Grimghast making Karash even tankier in combat,
    -Majiya's ability softening up allies for Arachnid to eat,
    -SK + Slingblade shenanigans (turn 5 SK, turn 6 Slingblade and replay SK, etc),
    And others. Plus Gravemonger works well for Mages with their spells, and Infernus improves the damage of Majiya's ability, Fireball, and Meteor Shower, and he can oneshot every unboosted ally in the game aside from (I think) Aeon n' Gunther, including Sandworm and Dakrath, combined with Portal he's almost a death sentence.

Make of it what you will, hopefully this gives you some inspiration for your own deck.
    Ok, ok! That's not bad! Honestly, I didn't expected so much. Here we have something to work on. I'm going to make up this list and see how to improve it. If anyone wants to help can write in this thread ideas and suggestion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...one of our team members is using Majiya and his current rating is around 315, you'd have to wait for him to share ideas though
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...one of our team members is using Majiya and his current rating is around 315, you'd have to wait for him to share ideas though
    Good to know! Maybe you can send him a PM with a link to this discussion?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Go undead portal! Was one of my fav decks during pfg. Can get some insane draw with maj ability, tombstone and SKs
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Go undead portal! Was one of my fav decks during pfg. Can get some insane draw with maj ability, tombstone and SKs
    Yep, portal UD still works pretty well, I have just tried a few games in the 310+ ratings and won most of them

Just use the usual UD setup and the main card draw will come from Sac lamb + Criptspawn Tormentor (use 4 of each), the only problem is that with UD tribe + tombstone + grave resistance you need to run very low on spells so probably is not the best option against UD Moonstalker.