Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Back on point sort of, the buff to Pack an Extra was Not ultimately aimed at Buffing Gwen, it was a buff aimed at a card that was not being played enough. The buff is for any Hunter that wants to benefit from this card now. Making another decent draw card for Hunters solo or allied. Yes it was obvious and noted Gwen solo could benefit, but not only what "encouraged" the change to the card. This can either be one of those feared "auto include" change possibilities, "What if Gwen...?" I see a lot of people go there quick when a card involves a cantrip, or it can just be a card gets changed in a way that can be good. Rogue's would kill for this card - literally and with the buff is even more tempting! taunting with those Hunters Gambit's already and now another decent trigger for Bobcat.... Do not get me wrong! I love the buff and the card and I would really like to see PanE make it to more play. I embrace the change with happiness not Solo Fear, and not because I like solo Gwen - which I do. I also see this maybe helping Vic's allied tactic's too in the right hands. I would also like to see some sort of detailed attention to Rogues and more draw.... That's another saga. OH YEA Make PanE Neutral too! :] so all Solo Heroes can have this card! not that I would want to "encourage" that
    RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHahahahaha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why would I play pack an extra instead of packing an extra weapon?
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    My personal answer to this is because its a 1 cost filtering card with a bonus attached to it (assuming I remember the buff correctly, you can now play it to draw a card even if you don't have a weapon).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    My personal answer to this is because its a 1 cost filtering card with a bonus attached to it (assuming I remember the buff correctly, you can now play it to draw a card even if you don't have a weapon).
    Right! So you can trigger Bobcat's ability and draw another card, while using up that extra one resource you had left over.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    Because you need certain cards and/or weapons for certain turns, e.g. Weevil-tip if opponent has Armor or weapon in play, or Into the Forest when you need it. Sometimes running a smaller deck (through card filtering) is better because you rely on certain cards that you cannot run extra copies of.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont think they discourage solo decks, they discourage decks that are boring as shit to play against

all just my opinion
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    i dont think they discourage solo decks, they discourage decks that are boring as shit to play against

all just my opinion
    Do those include Skervox? @@ Big NPE deck you got there, Millstalker's Evil Brother.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what is the buff to this card???
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why discourage solo decks? It's one of the strategies. Solo decks allow players to waste opponent's ally-focused cards and replace allies with more abilities and items to control the deck and buff the hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Many of the heroes have abilities that only work if your opponent plays allies. Thus, a NPE if you realize many of the cards you have and all of your shadow energy will be worthless against this opponent for the match.

I like mixing in my Solo deck occasionally, to change things up. I know when I play my solo Aramia, I am hoping for a Hero matchup that uses SE against allies.