Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Non-Generic Precon Decks?

I know we have the "Human Mage" and the "Shadow Elemental" and the like type precon decks... but a recent topic about how "$19.99 can't buy a decent starter deck" kinda made my brain itch...

Has any consideration been made to making a handful of "preconstructed" theme decks? or possibly releasing things such as "World Championship 2012 Deck" - "World Champion 2013 Deck" - etc. Or even just hold an annual contest and have 5 decks win by a mix of selection (for viability) followed by vote to be sold on the market?

The prices, obviously, would need to be higher than standard precons, but it would give people a list of more 'capable' decks to purchase - I know most games have a middle-ground for this (decent, but not "high tier" precons available, but they are slightly better options than the precon sets that are available for new players currently).

The current preconstructed decks could be explicitly titled "Starter SETS" where as the preconstructed ones for this could be titled "Preconstructed DECK" and possibly include or organize by the 'year of release'.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this idea - more choices is better. Obviously the pricing has to be determined in part by the cards chosen - a champ winning deck probably has many more rares, as would an effective tribal deck. Perhaps a deck-building tournament that included limits on rares/uncommons could help create such decks that could then be released to the public.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this. Maybe there could be a special promo of the hero which has the players RL "signature" and is foiled
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just like mtg.. preconstructed champion of the year..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I like this idea - more choices is better. Obviously the pricing has to be determined in part by the cards chosen - a champ winning deck probably has many more rares, as would an effective tribal deck. Perhaps a deck-building tournament that included limits on rares/uncommons could help create such decks that could then be released to the public.
    I'd say 300-500 shadow crystals would probably be fine for predetermined preconstructed decks (ie ones from constests with a limit on rares or ones specifically designed for precon purposes).

For "Championship" decks... maybe 500-750?

Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    I like this. Maybe there could be a special promo of the hero which has the players RL "signature" and is foiled
    Would be kind of neat to have the hero from these decks "foiled and signed" - though it would require the creator to be willing to provide a signature... (though you could always just make a signature for your screen name, rather than provide your real name :P) - would create odd tracking of additional card numbers though (since you'd need a unique card reference for each 'signed' hero)

Quote Originally Posted by feljurcross View Post
    Just like mtg.. preconstructed champion of the year..
    Yup, one of the many places I feel inspired this (though I never bought MtG champion decks, they were given as gifts to me... they just weren't really playable without sleeves unless you stuck with just that deck's cards)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be just like alt arts
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Weren't the borders laced in gold for MTG? I remember something like that, but its been YEARS since I've played MTG. I like this idea as well, as for signatures Kyle would just need to PM the previous champs and have them send a JPG or whatever with their signature. Easy enough to implement IMO.
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MTG puts a foil rare in each of their pre-constructed decks with free 2 boosters. I would love to see this in SE.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1..great idea Alzorath, im sure MANY would appreciate this
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts