Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dread Wolf + Death from Above

I'm pretty sure I know the answer I'll get with this one, but I figured it would be worth asking.

When Death from Above is cast on Dread Wolf, should Dread Wolf gain 1 attack? Here's the potential reasoning. The term "kill" has now been defined as "deals enough damage to reduce HP to zero." If Dread Wolf is the one dealing that damage, it would have to be in combat as he has no way to deal ability damage. Therefore, Dread Wolf's attack must be temporarily changed to "enough to reduce opposing ally's HP to zero" and then switched back at the end, except he should theoretically gain 1 attack at that point.

Answer that I think I'll get: DfA deals ability damage through the ally, temporarily giving it a way to deal ability damage in place of combat damage.

I would be okay with this answer, too, but I thought it'd be worth a shot.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. This card works the same as Assassination, in that it allows an ally to kill without doing anything directly itself. The kill is ability damage, since there is no combat involved and Dread Wolf has not attacked. Hope that helps!