Close

View Poll Results: Do you like/want Physical cards?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 44.00%
  • NO

28 56.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Secruoser View Post
    If they can make the digital game look awesome in trade shows and exhibitions, by all means do away with the physical cards. Otherwise, physical cards still look great in real life whenever there is an on-ground activity. People will be attracted to some players sitting down playing cards that don't remotely look like poker cards, more so than digital screens which are basically everywhere now.
    Yeah but the point is that they can't afford to do a good job of digital and physical at the same time.

Think of it as two people trying to get through a narrow tunnel. If they try and go at the same time, there's not enough room and they'll get stuck. That's what's happening at the moment.

What needs to happen is either for one of the people to die (so the other one can pass through easily) or for the people to go through one at a time.

Or widen the tunnel (i.e. sell Shadow Era to someone who can afford to run it properly).
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    I voted yes. When it comes to card games, there is nothing better than having a physical version that you can play with friends, even if it's just once a week. A face to face duel is a totally different experience to online play, and IMO, it's much more fun face to face.
    Pretty much why I would say yes as well.

I'm pretty certain, despite the claims, that people mainly hate the physical game only because of the resources it pulls from the digital (which it must to some capacity, rather or not its the entire reason for slow development is another topic). If not for the slow development (and arguably the errata policy), no digital only player would care that it exists and its a best of both worlds scenario for those who do. I think the physical game is a better experience, while the digital one is far more convenient. Depending on the situation, having either to choose from is fantastic. Unfortunately, we may never see that scenario due to slow set releases and poor management of the physical distribution (I'm still waiting for 2 more DP booster boxes for example) among the other various issues facing the game at the moment.

Which I must say, is quite the shame.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am terribly saddened by the degrading quality of artwork, which makes both format less attractive to players.
    When you have limited resources and you try to achieve too many things at once, I'll say 1+1 <1. Digital + physical in this case worse than either format alone.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Unfortunately, we may never see that scenario due to slow set releases and poor management of the physical distribution (I'm still waiting for 2 more DP booster boxes for example) among the other various issues facing the game at the moment.

Which I must say, is quite the shame.
    Me and thousands of people are still waiting for the dp preorder large avatar which I dunno why it's taking so long.

For the record, the preorder was feb 2013, NOT 2014.

And when u were made community manager and gain large forum avatar, it was magically fast. So i am pretty sure it's not that hard to implement. Someone at wulven should get started on fulfilling bonuses/products promised ages ago.

Bad karma to keep owing customers

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Me and thousands of people are still waiting for the dp preorder large avatar which I dunno why it's taking so long.

For the record, the preorder was feb 2013, NOT 2014.

And when u were made community manager and gain large forum avatar, it was magically fast. So i am pretty sure it's not that hard to implement. Someone at wulven should get started on fulfilling bonuses/products promised ages ago.

Bad karma to keep owing customers
    I think this requires putting all DP preorderers into a new forum group. Was there even any link between the preorder and forum account anyway?

I guess we need something like pickacard.php where everyone who preordered DP can enter their account details and register an associated forum account. That can then feed onto creating the forum group that has larger avatar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm of mixed opinion about this though my thoughts about this is more negative than positive.

On the positive side , it's always cool to have physical version of the cards you like, even though i can't get anyone to play with me.

On the other hand, the physical game hinders the development of the digital version. The painfully slow development of the digital version affects the physical one as well, because in order for a physical set to be printed, its digital version must exists. Furthermore, physical game pushes Wulven to finish the digital version as fast as possible, leaving many underpowered cards un-touched( take DP for example, half of the set was ok, some cards proved to be very useful while the rest were left from mediocre to unsable ). In addition to this, the physical game makes the old card unchangable, Wulven has to release new card to make the weak heroes usable, only to find that the newer ones completely out performs them and Zaladar still rules the meta.

DT cannot pump out new sets on a more acceptable speed and their ability to change existing cards is limited. Honestly, when DP got printed , the game became so boring to me, there was no changes for a long period of time and no one discovered anything really new except rush Elementalist.
    Last edited by G.P; 09-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think this requires putting all DP preorderers into a new forum group. Was there even any link between the preorder and forum account anyway?

I guess we need something like pickacard.php where everyone who preordered DP can enter their account details and register an associated forum account. That can then feed onto creating the forum group that has larger avatar.
    Not difficult.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes for me, but with conditions. I love playing SE (even though I kinda suck), and I used to be huge into physical CCGs, but now I'm stuck with boatloads of relatively useless cards from my past loves. The only way I'd be into physical SE cards is full sets as a novelty collector's item and nothing more. I appreciate the artwork on almost all the cards, and I'm behind supporting Wulven for making a game I fell into and ended up addicted to, but the brutally honest truth is that unless there's a good sized local scene that's willing to try a mostly unknown company's game, there's no actual value to the cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You guys raised a good point. None of us hate physical. We have a problem with it impeding progress of the game. We appreciate the privilege of testing for the game to get it right for physical, unfortunately it means that we are stuck with the same cards for as long as everyone else + the months of testing, and we pay for that right. If having a physical division means i spend months and months in testing extra than obviously i want it gone. And i think the company would be hard pressed to tell us physical does not impede the game as a whole.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post
    You guys raised a good point. None of us hate physical. We have a problem with it impeding progress of the game. We appreciate the privilege of testing for the game to get it right for physical, unfortunately it means that we are stuck with the same cards for as long as everyone else + the months of testing, and we pay for that right. If having a physical division means i spend months and months in testing extra than obviously i want it gone. And i think the company would be hard pressed to tell us physical does not impede the game as a whole.
    Yo PNW rocks! Oly wa - Not a single person here has produced anything other than pure speculation as to the supposed fact that the physical is holding up the digital. Pure conjecture all of it with no irrefutable proof.

I actually look at this the opposite way, I think the digital is slowing the physical down, is there Shattered Fates physical cards yet? no, will there be soon? unknown by me. Is there digital cards for SF yet? YES, are they further along than the Physical cards? Absolutely. Seriously Shadow Era has continued to go through changes and Shattered Fates era has brought about many changes, good ones more than bad or nobody would play. We have had some important changes to many rules and rulings as well as personnel change/addition inside Wulven, a company who puts out a ton of energy to bring a huge community a very fun game. These changes take time to verify in a lot of cases before being settled as good for the game. Is the set ready to print? no. let me ask everyone this: How may of you in some small way still hope for some change to some rule or new card ? (not even counting the first 2 sets that people cry for change to) And how many people here voted NO for this thread But also Have and Continue to post in debates for card changes, be it big or small or no change at all?

Do I want this set done? ummmm hell yes (sorry) do I want it done at the expense of sacrificing perfection? Do you want to be a 300+ player or a who cares player? We all want stuff from this game and we want it fair and good. I submit it is Good and becomes better each day it is played and refined in the minds of it's players. When the digital community is satisfied it is ready, and the obvious task of DE-bugging predominantly completed (neither of which has anything to do with "physical production") but when these things are completed the set is not just ready it is Done, oh and it Better have art YES? (sorry again j/k, umm no not - I meant it) Printing and trying to fulfill orders may be a challenge but what the heck does this have to do with a set being ready or not to finalize? It is already accepted that the digital community is one of the biggest test groups for this process, we are not waiting on people testing Physical cards. I am tired of waiting too but hey whatever it takes to get to the next Stable Complete Version is fine with me. I see no reason to bite the hand that feeds me in this case. A bunch of ravenous ravagers out there like the fast zombies that can't be filled GWWWWAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Braiiiiiins!!!!!!

Let us try to boost the morale of Wulven and help it progress rather than maybe just make them give up due to continuous "attacks" on the companies business practices. The only thing I have seen that resembles possible evidence of failure or partial failure is the complaints from people not getting their Physical Orders in a timely fashion. Do I care? I got my cards buddy and they keep getting better with time and I get to play when I want, there is absolutely no one or thing stopping that for me. How is it that others do not have access to the same digital info I have? You meant to tell me you can Not buy SF cards from the merchant in the digital version? hmmmm I think not. So what is holding what up? in reality, could it be the slow task of perfecting the digital system is slowing down the totally easy "Print & Sell" system with the Physical? Great debate though, nothing like a ton of speculation and or frustration directed at the target of our addiction, bunch of junkies! haha Everything is a gamble, buy the Physical while you can they will always be Collectable and could end up worth a butt load.

PS: When I see the photos of Kyle (I like to think of him as King Electric) laying on a giant Yacht called the "Jasmine" drinking 100 year old scotch with 20 hot swimsuit models tossing bags of $100 bills in the Sea - that is when I change my vote and not a moment before.