Close

View Poll Results: Do you like/want Physical cards?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 44.00%
  • NO

28 56.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I voted no for the fact that I am a digital player, and I see the physical game limiting us in two ways: 1) It seems to make the digital game move slowly because of a fear of printing an OP card or needing to make changes, and 2) it limits the types of interactions (thus limiting creativity, to an extent) that can be done because it has to be able to be reproduced in a physical format.

Are either of these things killers? I don't honestly know, but I don't think so. They are definitely slowing things down, but based on the limitations of a small company like Wulven, this may not be such a bad thing.

The thing out of the two things above that bothers me is the fact that we can't go back and change cards as the game progresses. For instance, we could have changed Serena's ability to "Until the end of your turn, your weapons have +2 attack, and if Serena deals combat damage to a hero, that hero's owner discards a card from their hand at random." This would have helped avoid the "discarded from anywhere" wording that I find awkward.

I think, in all honesty, an errata list would be really useful. Make changes to the digital card and have an errata list. If there are future prints, you can change it if you want, and maybe old versions of Serena could be sought out (although, of course, most people with physical collections probably have multiples of her and her alt art by this point).

Still, I'm not saying the physical cards shouldn't be printed. While they don't seem to be a thing here in America, I've heard it's pretty popular in Korea, so there's always that. They have plenty of information to decide what to do with the physical version, so I don't think it's appropriate to argue its existence. What I would like to see happen is the change I mentioned above. So what if there's errata? It's a fairly minor change that reflects the fact that there were limited mechanics in CotC and that changes had to be made because of the increased amount of playstyles. Not a bad thing, imo.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    I voted no for the fact that I am a digital player, and I see the physical game limiting us in two ways: 1) It seems to make the digital game move slowly because of a fear of printing an OP card or needing to make changes, and 2) it limits the types of interactions (thus limiting creativity, to an extent) that can be done because it has to be able to be reproduced in a physical format.

Are either of these things killers? I don't honestly know, but I don't think so. They are definitely slowing things down, but based on the limitations of a small company like Wulven, this may not be such a bad thing.

The thing out of the two things above that bothers me is the fact that we can't go back and change cards as the game progresses. For instance, we could have changed Serena's ability to "Until the end of your turn, your weapons have +2 attack, and if Serena deals combat damage to a hero, that hero's owner discards a card from their hand at random." This would have helped avoid the "discarded from anywhere" wording that I find awkward.

I think, in all honesty, an errata list would be really useful. Make changes to the digital card and have an errata list. If there are future prints, you can change it if you want, and maybe old versions of Serena could be sought out (although, of course, most people with physical collections probably have multiples of her and her alt art by this point).

Still, I'm not saying the physical cards shouldn't be printed. While they don't seem to be a thing here in America, I've heard it's pretty popular in Korea, so there's always that. They have plenty of information to decide what to do with the physical version, so I don't think it's appropriate to argue its existence. What I would like to see happen is the change I mentioned above. So what if there's errata? It's a fairly minor change that reflects the fact that there were limited mechanics in CotC and that changes had to be made because of the increased amount of playstyles. Not a bad thing, imo.
    +1. I think it's safe to say that physical impose limits on remake and rebalance of cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the cards and I enjoy playing the physical game. However, I voted no because I believe that the physical cards are the reason the digital game is moving so slowly. More and more people will get bored will the snail-pace progress, Wulven will lose more and more customers and the game will die.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They already lost several A1 veterans right? What a pity!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    They already lost several A1 veterans right? What a pity!
    Yes, several members who were once the best players in the game have since moved on to other games including MMDoC, Hearthstone and Solforge.
    GMT +13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The company vision is to have a digital and physical game. I think it would be sad to seen them drop one of their goals . I do think that trying to grow both from the start is too big a task though. I'd vote option other and just have them postpone physical until the digital takes off more.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voted yes.
    Yes, I bought physical, and it's good.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    The company vision is to have a digital and physical game. I think it would be sad to seen them drop one of their goals . I do think that trying to grow both from the start is too big a task though. I'd vote option other and just have them postpone physical until the digital takes off more.
    Wulven can't do that without people complaining. The players who bought physical cards require new expansion sets too. I think Wulven were just too greedy and forgot that they got limited resources too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    Wulven can't do that without people complaining. The players who bought physical cards require new expansion sets too. I think Wulven were just too greedy and forgot that they got limited resources too.
    +1
    GMT +13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If they can make the digital game look awesome in trade shows and exhibitions, by all means do away with the physical cards. Otherwise, physical cards still look great in real life whenever there is an on-ground activity. People will be attracted to some players sitting down playing cards that don't remotely look like poker cards, more so than digital screens which are basically everywhere now.

In the famous DOTA 2 competition, aka 'The International', the player's screens are mirrored to a big screen that the audience can watch in awe. Throw in boombastic audio and people will flock in. If you want digital to look cool in exhibitions, it should be this way.
    Last edited by Secruoser; 09-19-2014 at 04:35 AM.