Close

View Poll Results: Do you like/want Physical cards?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 44.00%
  • NO

28 56.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Physical Cards - Yes or No?

hi Shadow Erans,

i have a simple question for you - do you like/want physical cards?

...not that i think this kind of thread can impact anything, i just want to know how other people (or at least the active ones) feel about Physicals. i myself have bought a "few" boosters to play MD with my friends, but i just cannot help the feeling that Wulven should stop printing Physicals for the better of the Digital game, thus i voted "No" (...to physical cards)

...for one, the money spent on Physical cards could imo b put to better use for better, faster evolving Digital game and apart from the previous, if we don't have Physical cards, it would b possible to change/adjust even existing cards as the new sets are being released

thanks in advance for your answers, thoughts and ideas
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a tough one for me. Do I want them? Yes. Will I buy them and be able to use them somewhere? Not really. I live in a small town in Texas. Very few people play card games around here, so there's not a lot of opportunity for physical play. Not that it doesn't exist, but it'd take a while to find a place where I could play it.

The other night I had a dream that there was a giant release party for physical SF, and I got to meet all you awesome folks face-to-face. My wife also randomly enjoyed the game (I can assure you, she does not), so you know that's just a dream :-(

Still, wouldn't that be nice?
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I voted Yes, of course. If you did too, please see my signature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I voted Yes, of course. If you did too, please see my signature.
    ..yay, hope u don't take this any personal GDC as it certainly isn't meant that way
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think dedicated SE fans like GDC deserve their physical cards.
    However their production delay the progress of the game as a whole, given the limited resources Wulven currently have access to. So I voted No.
    I'd rather have a well polished digital game than a half-done game on several platforms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Only Wulven knows if it is a loss or gain market for them, and as such I will trust that they want to stay in business and that any decision they make is in the best interest of the game both physical and digital. I'm sure if it was a hindrance they would drop the physical cards like a hot potato. I don't see any proof that physical print has interfered in any way with the digital process so for me there is no way I'd say no to them, do what makes you happy folks. Unlike no proof I do see a lot of mindless rants about what people think the physical game is doing to the digital game, which has more of a negative effect on peoples minds than physical prints do, so to those rants I'd say a resounding no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think, and i mean no disrespect because it bugs be when i see people telling Kyle he's being dumb and rude stuff like that, that by trying to do too much it's hurting the fanbase on the digital side. I personally am a very big fan, i play daily, I'm in a guild, I've bought hundreds of packs to foil hunt, and even i am getting bored. To me it feels like by trying to keep two rafts afloat with one airpump, both will sink.

I know wulven really really really wants physical to work. And shutting it down would be like giving the finger to everyone who has put money into it so far. But i feel like slow moving sets give the finger to us digital guys who won't ever have the time to play physical.

Why not sell the rights to physical with a contract that they produce all future sets? Then you could move forward testing and designing and coding and a third party could produce physical?
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post
    I think, and i mean no disrespect because it bugs be when i see people telling Kyle he's being dumb and rude stuff like that, that by trying to do too much it's hurting the fanbase on the digital side. I personally am a very big fan, i play daily, I'm in a guild, I've bought hundreds of packs to foil hunt, and even i am getting bored. To me it feels like by trying to keep two rafts afloat with one airpump, both will sink.

I know wulven really really really wants physical to work. And shutting it down would be like giving the finger to everyone who has put money into it so far. But i feel like slow moving sets give the finger to us digital guys who won't ever have the time to play physical.

Why not sell the rights to physical with a contract that they produce all future sets? Then you could move forward testing and designing and coding and a third party could produce physical?
    Is that even possible?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I voted yes. When it comes to card games, there is nothing better than having a physical version that you can play with friends, even if it's just once a week. A face to face duel is a totally different experience to online play, and IMO, it's much more fun face to face.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post

Ohhhh ... Sounds cool!
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.