Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ideas to improve Gravebone

I messed around with GB a bit. Even though I am not a GB expert, I can see him lacking behind. So my idea for allies that will improve him are:

Frozen Draugr 4cc 6/6
    Shadow Ally - Undead
    * is frozen for 2 turns when summoned. You draw a card every time * attacks.
    Inspired by the monster Deliora from Fairy Tail manga. Helps GB and indirectly buffs the underwhelmed Shatter Ice card and those ice themed decks.

Rooftop Gargoyle 3cc 3/3
    Shadow Ally - Homonculus
    When * dies in combat, it turns into an item with: "2cc: target ally in your hand is discarded and * turns into a 3/3 ally".
    [I]Corspe Shifter has failed as a mechanism to fill your graveyard, and he messes with your ToK%
    Last edited by huynguyenquang; 09-19-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My sense is that one GB deck at least is getting a good amount of play and is highly competitive. I think Zaladar has been giving everyone a hard time, but hopefully with the mild nerf should be back in line with the rest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    My sense is that one GB deck at least is getting a good amount of play and is highly competitive. I think Zaladar has been giving everyone a hard time, but hopefully with the mild nerf should be back in line with the rest.
    They are all good😍 Gb is OP....never heard of tier 0? 💀💀💀4life
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    ...do you really think Discard Zal is gonna get weaker? the LA nerf hardly feels like a nerf at all, since all Zal needs to do is to make sure not to use it as an actual armor (i.e. use its ability the same turn it was summoned) and the Brimstone Devourer, from all those matches i didn't really get the feeling that it was being used to actually kill my hero, but rather to destroy any efforts i might have made to take the board,...that said, all-in-all i think Zal will remain exactly as strong as he is atm

agree with you on Grave Bone tho, he is OK in SF
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebone is amazing, I'm in the 270s right now with him just won5-6 games in a row

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Rolling-Ping

That's what I run or close to it I change it slightly but it's always with those cards unusually subtract n add less or more of.
    Just seeing what's comfy for me, won a tourney with him I'm going to try again this weekend , but gb is so good that sbo is a great ally with it's own strategy with twisted familiar if I go 2nd I can get a 5/4 sbo and deal three ping damage and pick up 3 cards at the same time!
    Watch my match Bp Leviosablade vs kyltz (Threbin)
    And that game is a prime example what is do
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GB is strong, but i still wish his ability was to summon from the graveyard, that way haste and other on summon allie abilities would work when using gb's ability. Ibfont really understand why it dosent work like thi either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snipnigth View Post
    GB is strong, but i still wish his ability was to summon from the graveyard, that way haste and other on summon allie abilities would work when using gb's ability. Ibfont really understand why it dosent work like thi either.
    Early in DP it worked this way - I actually complained about it, because it only half-worked that way. GB could use portal, bring an ally back from the graveyard, get haste and attack, without triggering spike traps.

Back then, GB was mediocre, but what he didn't have then were: a - a lot of tough to kill allies, b - allies that were worth pulling from your graveyard as opposed to your hand, and c - ways to put cards from your hand into your graveyard. Now, between Harbinger, Cultist, Urigon and Dakrath, GB is really well-positioned.

There are some OP heroes/decks still, but I'd rather see them nerfed than GB buffed significantly.

Whether the nerfs to Zaladar will bring him in line, I think it's too early to say - at least if devourer doesn't hurt heroes, it reduces the constant effectiveness of the rush. Personally, playing Serena I've had many games where 3-6 less damage from discarded devourers to my hero would have been the difference between victory and defeat. Living armor - I agree it's still too powerful, 4/4 haste (that ignores braxnorian soldiers) is very strong, especially in a hero that can easily give it +4 attack, or more. I'd rather it could transform for free with no discard but then dies at the end of the turn...but lets see how it pans out before we judge.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Every time a new expansion comes out, people claim GB will be tier 0. DT was afraid of that too in DP so they tested a lot, and turned out he wasn't.
    I think that is because GB is one of the most straight-forward heroes of the game, if not the most.
    Remember we are still at the start of SF. People will start to discover new combos and counters to him.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by huynguyenquang View Post
    Every time a new expansion comes out, people claim GB will be tier 0. DT was afraid of that too in DP so they tested a lot, and turned out he wasn't.
    I think that is because GB is one of the most straight-forward heroes of the game, if not the most.
    Remember we are still at the start of SF. People will start to discover new combos and counters to him.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Rolling-Ping

Mines been bad ass since dp 340 rating and a tourney win but this is the sf edition same thing but slightly different
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did face GB a few times last season at around 290 rating. Some games I just lose straight out, others not so tough, but I think I got better than average results against him.