Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Raikka needs some love

So I mostly play warriors but have lately been branching out to new heroes. I decided to try out a few mages, and for some reason settled on Raikka. Below is the deck I've been running:

1x Raikka

3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Wulven Predator
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Rampant Krygon
    3x Brimstone Devourer
    3x Falseblood Cultist
    3x Grimghast

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Portal
    2x Supernova
    2x Acid Jet

4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

Idea behind the deck was to use a combo of Raikka's ability and Grimghast to mitigate damage while pumping out allies. I originally tried an undead Raikka deck for this using Grave Resistance but didn't have much luck with it- found I wasn't able to get allies out quick enough if I didn't get a tombstone beacon right away. I've been hovering in the 220-230 range with this version and am looking for some advice and feedback from more experienced players who might be able to help improve this a bit.

Come on guys, show my Raikka some love!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wait til 2.86 is released then try some of the new ideas, then when she fails you come back and ask again hehe, that's my plan anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Raikka needs 2cc allies. Without an ally on t2 and follow up on t3 I don't see how she can win. Probably won't win even with that opening but at least you have a chance.
    Card that feels out of place here is Portal. Your allies don't have high enough attack to make big impact on board even with Raikka's ability activated. Most of them will have 4 attack which is not enough to kill really annoying stuff. SK for example on his own deals with 5 hp allies. Plasma Behemoth don't make much sense to be played trough portal either. Alone he deals 3 damage only and with his ability it is 8 resources for 7 damage and you placed only one ally. Shadow Knight and 3 acc ally will deal 8 damage for same amount of resources.

I hope this helps
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I think Raikka needs 2cc allies. Without an ally on t2 and follow up on t3 I don't see how she can win. Probably won't win even with that opening but at least you have a chance.
    yup +100

also Ravagers may be her only real hope, but even then...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my current version of her is really good! Except it is very situational and is becoming a huge headache trying to get her to work properly lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My idea behind this hero is to obtain boardcontrol in the first few rounds. To get maximum result out of Raikka's ability (which is the theme for the deck for me) I added Carniboar, Voracious Arachnid and Bloodthirsty and Rampant Krygon. The combination of Raikka's ability and these cards match quite good: These abilities / cards can help eachother!
    If you play portal then add power to it... Belladonna is cool (it provides you an extra card and she can do her damage right away. Infernus isn't bad either when you play portal. Raikka's ability and Infernus provides a nice combination.
    The combination of Falseblood Cultist and Brimstone Devourer is nice but chances to get it played are too low for me. I'd rather stick to the theme.

Realise that you're quite vulnerable to an enemy Supernova. And you ain't going to love enemy Arcane Burst, Meteor Shower, Tidal Wave as well

Hope I helped you out here,....