Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    If she was meant to kill allies then she is design failure especially now with so many damage reduction. Her ability should have been then 3se: Until the start of your next turn your weapon deal +3 damage to allies in combat and gain +2 durability. Or something like that.

If you say oh there's Wendith. Yes there is Wendith after you played weapon and rapid fire. Too much set up to control the board when you can just beat the hero and hide.
    I don't know how she was designed, since she predates my involvement on the team. In CotC, I just got the impression that she was meant for killing allies. She always had that Soul Seeker and would always be healing like a mofo from it.

As of DP onwards, you and Preybird are right that there is more damage reduction and higher health allies, so she will have a harder job killing allies. But she did get some cards to help with that too. You think not enough? Well, I guess there's only one way to find out!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    But she did get some cards to help with that too. You think not enough? Well, I guess there's only one way to find out!
    Like what?

I'm drawing quite a bit of blank here.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Like what?

I'm drawing quite a bit of blank here.
    Clue: Health reduction

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clue: Health reduction
    hunter's gambit of course helps with all those 5 hp allies...also doubles as a draw engine. Not as good for Gwen as for Victor, but it's still not bad. Also Thunderstrike Construct.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mean sure, that's a thing but then the problem becomes:

How do I win the game with Gwen? I could focus allies but then the opponent plays more and it's a losing situation. I think that's why solo hit-the-face is the thing with Gwen.

How do we deal with that? Play allies to deal the damage while the hero controls the board. It's an idea but why not play Victor then? His ability is more expensive but it doesn't require a weapon, the deck doesn't need Rapid Fire in it and it provides more card advantage on average. The only downsides to that are that you need something to deal the last point of damage and that the ability is more expensive.

I don't think Gwen necessarily needs to be able to play a board control game that well but if that's the intention, it wasn't really done right (imo).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rothem and Lythe for the win!

Wish it happened more often
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess your mind is made up! Maybe you could revisit her, like you did Logan, to confirm?
    I've experimented with Solo and Allied Gwen in SF, I will go back to her but that was the results of my testing. Solo really requires the cards come in the right order and massive draw power, Allied is I feel more resilient but lacks focus. It's a similar situation to allied Darkclaw, however you can still beat face with allied Claw due to all the cheap haste at his disposal.

I mean once you pack all the Gambits, Rapid Fire, Bows, APS, draw, there's not a lot of room left for a decent ally mix.

Decoy Trap may be a thing though, I'll try that.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Otk firesnake
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sever ties on Enrage leaving the warrior at 1 health. Let his BF finish the job.