Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Defender, protector, ambush

I feel that this game would be a lot better if it had more allies with this effects, we are already have 3 expansions and we don't have to many allies that are useful with these abilities. In SF i have seen that you guys a concentrating in ambush and protector but are leaving them a little limited to your hero and class, will it be the same for defender? I feel defender can be a great ability and add on to the board control gameplay, but the allies that have defender aren't that good and there aren't too many, i believe there are only 2... I feel SF should have actually been a 4th expansion and in this third expansion, instead of focusing on creating a new mechanic with the discard, concentrate on making the already existing mechanic more playable, well you guys kinda did made more focus in ambush and protector but limiting it too much on your hero choice and class, especially for protector this is totally limited to Tala since she can make a protector out of anyone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of the ways I see to further develop ambush is with "if ally" cards. By which I mean, if an ally was to gain or have ambush, the ally would have the following effect:

• gain a resource when the ally deals combat damage (can be temporary)
    • when the ally deals combat damage, your opponent loses access to 1 resource and you gain 1 resource until the start of your next turn
    • destroy an opponent’s resource when the ally deals combat damage or the opponent loses access to 1 resource for a limited time
    • the ally deals additional damage

The effects are mostly based on the idea that to ambush someone, you may have to travel behind enemy lines and while there, you would most likely be involved in sabotage (resource destruction & disruption) and perhaps gain valuable information or steal something (resource gain).

I believe if a few of these "if ally" cards are created, it can help the attachment Lance deck somewhat and also the development of an ambush themed deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have an interesting concept...but i was just refering to adding more allies with these set of skills

Defender: Dark Flayer, Cobra Demon, Braxnorian tempress (just against heros) just 3 defenders and i think we can all agree that the 3 of them suck really bad, specially Braxnorian tempress she only has defende vs heroes and her ability is kinda bad honestly. Maybe in an elementalis deck conra and flayer can be more useful.

Protector: birgitte, Aeon StormCaller, Yari Spearman, griptooth(only for wulven) only 4 again, limiting only to humans and warriors mostly, protector is not that bad all these cards are good and have their uses, but really limits its usage for other heros and clases.

Ambush: I dont have much to say here, since in SF there is a lot of new ambush and ways to give ambush, the only thing i could say is that its kind of limited to humans and hunters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snipnigth View Post
    You have an interesting concept...but i was just refering to adding more allies with these set of skills

Defender: Dark Flayer, Cobra Demon, Braxnorian tempress (just against heros) just 3 defenders and i think we can all agree that the 3 of them suck really bad, specially Braxnorian tempress she only has defende vs heroes and her ability is kinda bad honestly. Maybe in an elementalis deck conra and flayer can be more useful.

Protector: birgitte, Aeon StormCaller, Yari Spearman, griptooth(only for wulven) only 4 again, limiting only to humans and warriors mostly, protector is not that bad all these cards are good and have their uses, but really limits its usage for other heros and clases.

Ambush: I dont have much to say here, since in SF there is a lot of new ambush and ways to give ambush, the only thing i could say is that its kind of limited to humans and hunters.
    Just what moonstalker needs, ambush, for the two or three allies it can't kill without losing something!

I agree that it would be cool to have more allies with defender. I was thinking a (3-5cc) rogue fencer would be fun and flavorful. Another fun concept could be an ally with defender and protector that couldn't attack (so not a lot of health, but enough damage to limit who can attack it, and get to those allies it's defending). I actually think this is what Yari Spearment should have been, like a 4/2 defender/protector that can't attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are also couple of warrior cards in DP that gibe temporal defender: Alert and Able and Battle Hardened. But those cards just don't cut it in any competitive or semi competitive deck.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, we could do with more of those cards, especially a Shadow Protector! And I think we could always use more allies with summon abilities, and while that's been happening which each expansion which is good, I think this is an important type of ally to focus on as when you lack board control it can be very inefficient on your resources in order to regain control (eg using weapons/abilities to help an ally)
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Saf View Post
    I agree, we could do with more of those cards, especially a Shadow Protector! And I think we could always use more allies with summon abilities, and while that's been happening which each expansion which is good, I think this is an important type of ally to focus on as when you lack board control it can be very inefficient on your resources in order to regain control (eg using weapons/abilities to help an ally)
    There's a wulven protector...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    There's a wulven protector...
    I dont think he counts as a shadow protector, since he is a wulven card, and his protector ability only activates while all allies you control are wulven.