Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Game too short to gain exp

I just had a game, I had a really strong start and pretty much had the game in the bag by turn 4.
    Turn 1- Spark
    Turn 2- Spark x2
    Turn 3- DMT (13 damage done by now, with another 14 coming on next turn with zal ability)
    Turn 4- They realise they are doomed and quit the game.

I got no exp or rating, it may have been a short game but I had the game in the bag so think it's a bit unfair. I think that the system should take into account not just the length of the game, but how much damage has been done. Rush decks are going to lose out on much deserved exp and rating this way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How is that 13 dmg?
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First spark does 3 damage, as it has 2 other sparks with it. Then the 3 sparks do 3 damage each, plus 1 damage from summoning DMT.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Two sparks on t2 OK makes more sense now... I missed that lol
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had games "won" on T4 simply by denying them their SE ability. Usually if it's less than 5 turns the game won't count it. It might be a little unfair but at least you get the rating bonus.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I recall correctly, the current system was put into place to take away some of the issues with disconnecting (never resolved in my opinion), and to prevent people from "boosting". I don't think it's the best way to handle the situation though.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    I've had games "won" on T4 simply by denying them their SE ability. Usually if it's less than 5 turns the game won't count it. It might be a little unfair but at least you get the rating bonus.
    I don't get any rating when they end early, should I get rating?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    If I recall correctly, the current system was put into place to take away some of the issues with disconnecting (never resolved in my opinion), and to prevent people from "boosting". I don't think it's the best way to handle the situation though.
    Yeh I see why they put the system in, but I think it could be improved by taking into account the damage done aswell as length of match. Maybe if say 10 damage has been done and they quit, it should count as a win regardless of game length.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Unfortunately you don't gain when they quit early; you do lose rating when you quit early though. Sounds crazy but another player confirmed this here when it came up. I think it won't even be hard to put "early win" conditions in, if you have done 30% more damage than opp with atleast 10 damage dealt or something like that, I think that is a clear indicator of advantage and if opp quits can be seen to be quitting a forthcoming loss
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeh I agree. It doesn't happen to me very often because I don't use a rush deck, I just occasionally get lucky with 3 sparks in my opening hand. I imagine if you play a dedicated rush deck, this early quitting could happen very often!