Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cards from SF I am yet to see being used in QM

Just an observation based on my experience and poor memory Inspired by IGnar's thread about Saymeht's Retribution.

Cards from SF I am yet to see being used in QM:

Shocking Grasp (This might be changed with new ravagers in 2.86)
    Redux Channel (Why would I use it? Not even in Meltdown)
    Despair (Kinda like Lythian Shackles, but 2 two many resources to cast. maybe like Shackles it could have its duration be prolonged until the end of controller's next turn for more ravager synergy? Maybe I would use it in MD,but it would need to be really bad draft)
    Saymeht's Retribution (This one seems redundant. Maybe in MD.)
    Startleshell Vest (Nope, not even in MD)
    Platinum Chainmail (Nope, not even in MD)
    Cleric's Mantle (Maaaybe with next update. Not suitable for MD)
    Justicar's Cape (Cute, but nothing beyond that. Not suitable for MD)
    Aural Battery (Completely outshadowed by Living Armor. If LA isn't in Elemental pool too this might see play, but now no reason to play it. Maybe I would use it in MD if I get a lot of direct damage)
    Metamorphic Vest (I could just bring another copy of item I want to have in play)
    Wooden Spear (at most MD material when no better options are available)
    Griffoncrest Dagger (at most MD material when no better options are available)

So did you see any of these cards in play? Are there others you could add to your list?
    Last edited by Veles; 09-10-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shocking Grasp: Used it in a Ravager deck with unfavorable results.
    Startleshell Vest: Saw a solo Amber use it last night...
    Aural Battery: Saw it ONCE in a Zaladar deck. It did well to keep control of the board with his ability.
    Cleric's Mantle: Used it in a Ravager deck with decent results.
    Justicar's Cape: Used it once and never wanted to use it again after that.

I would add Energy Extraction to that list. It can be a pretty solid card when used correctly but honestly it takes up space most of the time.
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 09-09-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually sort of get redux channel - it's one of those future potential, and maybe in a weird deck specifically built around it sort of cards.

What's it's purpose? In Praxix, or other decks with mill capabilities, you can use it for disruption. Since you can target the graveyard cards you can use it to make sure you'll only be seeing fire snakes or whatever ineffective card they may have in graveyard.

It's a style of Praxix that I'm not sure people have really explored - that prioritizes disruption over mill. it seems like it's harder to pull off, and may require future cards to do well. This card specifically would only really be worth playing mid-late game, since early worthless cards will just be resourced.

It would also make this card potentially playable in the near-term if you could target either graveyard - so give yourself back 2 good cards that you discarded, or give opponent back two worthless cards.

Or alternatively, if it took also two cards at random or from the bottom of the player's deck and put them in graveyard (so a swap; worthless cards for potentially good ones). This would at least fit with a standard mill concept without working against it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can combo Redux Channel with Transference, but mainly for fun decks and not for a competitive one.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    You can combo Redux Channel with Transference, but mainly for fun decks and not for a competitive one.
    Oh yeah, and Dimmension Ripper

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Just an observation based on my experience and poor memory Inspired by IGnar's thread about Saymeht's Retribution.

Despair (Kinda like Lythian Shackles, but 2 two many resources to cast. maybe like Shackles it could have its duration be prolonged until the end of controller's next turn for more ravager synergy? Maybe I would use it in MD,but it would need to be really bad draft)
    Aural Battery (Completely outshadowed by Living Armor. If LA isn't in Elemental pool too this might see play, but now no reason to play it)
    Metamorphic Vest (I could just bring another copy of item I want to have in play)
    Wooden Spear (MD material at best)
    Griffoncrest Dagger (again MD material at best)

So did you see any of these cards in play? Are there others you could add to your list?
    i think the best solution is to make sugestions to improve this cards... like i did with shackles to improve ravagers (wich i hope it will buff them)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post

Aural Battery (Completely outshadowed by Living Armor. If LA isn't in Elemental pool too this might see play, but now no reason to play it)
    Wooden Spear (MD material at best)
    Griffoncrest Dagger (again MD material at best)

Pretty good list and analysis taking MD into consideration. Most people never even see that not all cards are meant for the top and a lot are MD cards at best. Maybe some will get some attention in the next pfg, not to say that every time a card is not being used much it needs it. The armor and weapons for SF are obviously a lot to deal with in a set having so many this time. Maybe some of them could at least be made to suit a specific class or faction (8 cards from that list in fact) I am thinking clerics mantle may be better than thought of and could see some play w/o any change, the others no idea really. Rogues could always dig having another specialty card or more, it's in their nature

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by IGnar View Post
    i think the best solution is to make suggestions to improve this cards... like i did with shackles to improve ravagers (which i hope it will buff them)
    Despair could for sure use the same change, opens up future plays as well as current Ravager - in the future could be neat to have a card like sac lamb or melt down but for attachments to sac them and draw, who knows for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Redux Channel is an interesting card , imo . You can potentially chain it with Mimic so your opponent can't get anything else except their weak 2cc allies, it is quite hard to pull off though.
    Helm of Saymeht has very few combos to do with it :|

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And any draw engine or burst draw negates all effects of redux channel...not to mention it does nothing for board state. So bad card no matter how you look at it. Combos with transference and DR are cute but nothing more than that as you are filling your deck with too many crap cards you can't win with.

Helm I guess can be used with ravagers creating fodder for their abilities. I used it in fun Aramia animator deck: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....amia-Puppeteer
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla