Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Gwenneth Trusight 1.25

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing around wtih hunters and have had great success against all heroes so far except Elementalis. Here is the deck that I am currently using. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hero: Gwenneth Truesight

Allys:
    4x Pwen
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Aldon the Brave

Weapons:
    4x Beetle Demon Bow
    4x Soul Seeker

Armor:
    3x Night Prowler
    2x Gravedigger's Cloak

Abilities:
    4x Retreat
    2x Rapid Fire

As you can see this is a pretty basic Gweeneth Deck. Early in game throw down allies to try to get board control, if you go second i usually cast any 2/3 cost allies to have my opp kill em just so that Gwen does not take damage. Hopefully you get Beetle Demon Bow by turn 4 in which you start smacking Allies or Hero depending on how the field looks. for turn 5 if in hand i will drop rapidfire or gravediggers if opp has something in grave i could use. once i have 5 resourcess im pretty set, i however try to get to 7 incase i need retreat+bow or any 5 cost + retreat.

You want to use Rapidfire + Soulseeker to hit hero as that is 8 Damage per turn, if you have any annoying allies to get rid of i often take them out if i can since if they attack they will wear down your bwo and you want controll on killing them. Keep in mind that you only do good damage when attacking as the +2 from Gwen does not apply to defending. Also anyattacks you take during opp turn will only wear down your bows and might not be able to rapid fire them twice next tunr unless you have another bow to take place of current one.

So far i have had great sucecss with this, i have been unable to beat Elementalis. I had a match in my pocket, elementalis had 8 HP, i had rapid fire, i drew Soulseeker, i had aldon and Jasmine in hand but accidently resoruced the bow =( so i lost.

What i need help with is what changes could help me with dealing with Elementalis, i often avoid playing allies past turn 5 due to MC/Sacs, i will usually suicide my allies into his (Often gargoyles) so that its weak enoughto take it out with bow and clear field so he cant MC.

CLOSED: No Longer Playing Gwenneth Truesight. Moved on to Elementalis.
    Last edited by N3rd4Christ; 04-29-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing. I had almost the exact same deck, except I picked Aeon over Dirk. Thoughts on Dirk and why you made that choice?
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm guessing it's because they can be easily killed when MC'd (One shot from any bow on offense, and in retaliation from a soulseeker). Blake can too, but not before he does 3 damage to you. In my opinion the real problem isn't MC- it's annoying, but it doesn't stop you in your tracks completely like AoA.

Sometimes I try to fake an ally-less deck by just holding allies or resourcing them until turn 5-6, if Elementalis drew a few Mind Controls early he might have sacced or be thinking about saccing them already.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dirk is a very interesting choice. Puwens, imo, are much better. It gives you a drop on your second turn and helps you gaining board control until bows are dropped. With Aldon on your next turn, it helps you dealing significant damage to Infernal Gargoyles (and any other ally for that matter).

Against Elementalis though, I'm surprised you're having problems. The only time I lose to them is when they're able to cast Armor of Ages. You're right that after the 5th turn, I'm very hesitant in dropping allies. It's just a matter of knowing when to drop who. I usually am able to steal at least one MC from them, and after doing so, win rate gets so much higher.

Optimal scenario is something like:

Turn 1: resource
    Turn 2: Puwen
    Turn 3: Aldon/Jasmine
    Turn 4: BDB
    Turn 5: Prowler
    Turn 6: Rapid Fire

..then GG lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand the choice of dirk. A lot of the time you have beetle and allies that aren't Aldon, you have to pick someone to take damage in order to remove an opponents 3 cost ally. Normally the hero would take the damage letting the ally finish them off, but if you have dirk out, he can soften them up so no one need take damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    I understand the choice of dirk. A lot of the time you have beetle and allies that aren't Aldon, you have to pick someone to take damage in order to remove an opponents 3 cost ally. Normally the hero would take the damage letting the ally finish them off, but if you have dirk out, he can soften them up so no one need take damage.
    I don't. At 2/2 for 3 cost and a very situational ability (He'll never survive to see turn 2 if your opponent already has allies on the board) is terrible. Replace for Sandra or Aldon instead and actually kill them.

I really like this deck, though it bothers me greatly that it loses to a single card. AoA. You know it's coming and there's nothing you can do to prepare or prevent it. It's the only major weakness in an otherwise pretty strong deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, AoA is a pain. That's why I'm VERY careful to keep Prowlers up against those decks and just try to get lucky and pull that card out.
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I must appologize to all, its hilarious that we are having a discussion about dirk when i meant it to be blake. i was copying card names from somwhere else. Sorry.... my mistake.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sandra blows and Aldon is already there. It's not really a situational thing because the scenario I described happens every game.

I use Blakes in my deck but this is a deck that could actually make use of dirk finally

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Pine View Post
    Yeah, AoA is a pain. That's why I'm VERY careful to keep Prowlers up against those decks and just try to get lucky and pull that card out.
    AOA is def somethign i hate going against, not only do you ahve to tear through it but keep the allies they play off the field to avoid damage, Plus it takes 2 bows minimum to take out the armour since you need 6 hits.