Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Oh. I thought you were posting by popular demand, more as a generous offering back to the community as opposed to seeking feedback.

What type of feedback do you want?
    Constructive ideas. Sometimes I get "too set" on a deck and refuse to make changes to it. Just wants to hear general opinions and ideas for possible changes. Maybe lower the curve somehow without taking away from the theme / win con? Not sure if that's even possible, just brainstorming really. I feel like I'm the only one at higher ranks playing Lance (which makes me a sad rogue).
    IGN: blueblurr

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Constructive ideas. Sometimes I get "too set" on a deck and refuse to make changes to it. Just wants to hear general opinions and ideas for possible changes. Maybe lower the curve somehow without taking away from the theme / win con? Not sure if that's even possible, just brainstorming really. I feel like I'm the only one at higher ranks playing Lance (which makes me a sad rogue).
    OK, well since you have no two-drops and aren't even that bothered about T4 IGG, and say it's a slow deck, then you could go bigger, gaining versatility and some protection against mill decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bigger as in more cards? Not a terrible idea. Kind of like bigger Zhanna decks. I do like the consistency of Night Owl on T3 and that would take away from it. What kind of situational cards do you think might add value to the deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bigger as in more cards? Not a terrible idea. Kind of like bigger Zhanna decks. I do like the consistency of Night Owl on T3 and that would take away from it. What kind of situational cards do you think might add value to the deck?
    Yeah, bigger deck size.

What's so important about that T3 Night Owl? What happens when you don't get it? It's a slow deck, so what happens specifically on T3 shouldn't matter hugely, right?

To be honest, I think you have managed to cram a good few situational cards in already, so maybe you would instead dose up on extra staples like another Aldon and Jasmine. You increase your chance of a solid T3 ally, even if it may not be Night Owl. I'd probably add an extra Concoction too, since it's almost a Fireball for ally control, and sometimes better than one due to the ongoing poison damage. Finally, I'd slap in another Aeon just to increase the odds of a solid play with Lance's ability.

That's 44+hero then. You've upped the odds of something playable on T3, which is the first turn you can do anything with this deck, and you've given yourself stuff to chuck if you do end up needing to use those situational cards. The extra Aeon will make Lance's ability count on T5/T6 (dependent on whether Stop Thief! has been played).

I'll make this bigger deck up on my main account and give it a spin when I get a chance. Thanks again for sharing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    More and more decks are using Nathanias, mine included.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The deck is not easy to play and takes a lot of practice. But I really think it's very strong. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
    Yes, the deck certainly is not an obvious auto-pilot one that any n00b can use!

In my first game with the 45-card version, it got a narrow loss to BP Skurai's Zhanna. Could have really done with ALR showing up for most of that game. Makes me think I should add another! So I will!

EDIT: It's gone up to 50 cards now, with 4 Bad Santa added. Rationale being that if you end up needing some of those situational cards, then you need to be able to dig hard for them. The extra draw on both sides could also mean they mill out in a long game whereas you still have some fuel in the tank.

I'll keep you updated!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very hard with quick deck us twilight that on 3 turn there are just 3/4 allies in board. i prefer 4 nightshade with 3 assassination to speed the starter!

w2d
    Last edited by massidato; 09-07-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    IGN: 17 MassiDato

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remember playing against Blueblurr while he was using this deck and clearing his board on turn 4 with now your mine on his night owl and sov on his ill gotten goods. Thought I was sitting pretty good with allies and board control, but this deck totally starts to take over in a big way when you get enough resources. It doesn't really limit itself to a typical rogue deck and always leaves the opponent guessing on what could be coming next. It's very hard to be prepared to deal with all the different looks that come out of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I took this deck for a spin and was crushed by the same Zal player 3 times in a row. Any advice for this?
    Last edited by chamthabo; 09-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo View Post
    I took this deck for a spin and was crushed by the same Zal player 3 times in a row. Any advice for this?
    As I said... "If you are seeing mostly Zaladar, consider playing a different deck."