Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    50% of my game was against Zaladar. Can't wait for the next patch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should watch some of my recent games. I've beaten a few Zals pretty elegantly. Just have to play expecting MC, i.e. play a guy you don't mind dying first, then play the guy you're okay with dying, then play the guy you hope doesn't die, then play Nathaniel / Eris. Bait out the MC, and remember that before they have 8 resources, they can't draw with antimatter and play MC on the same turn (meaning MC is usually their entire turn). You just have to play smart and consider these things.
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have difficulty getting up to 7 res while keeping decent amount on cards in hand. Unless t4 IGG going first or t4 Stop Thief going second to stabilize your draw, it's hard to hold onto control tools AND allies. That's why you emphasize on t3 NO, I assume.

I cannot think of smart solution for this. But a way to tackle this is to build up the early game with cards that give you advantages, which are not necessarily threats. Cards like Shuriken is one of them so I would add more of them. Others I can think of are TO and Black Garb. Even if BG does not work well with Shuriken, you could just sac one of them. But I don't know anything else. Maybe that's the limit of this archtype.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    You have difficulty getting up to 7 res while keeping decent amount on cards in hand. Unless t4 IGG going first or t4 Stop Thief going second to stabilize your draw, it's hard to hold onto control tools AND allies. That's why you emphasize on t3 NO, I assume.

I cannot think of smart solution for this. But a way to tackle this is to build up the early game with cards that give you advantages, which are not necessarily threats. Cards like Shuriken is one of them so I would add more of them. Others I can think of are TO and Black Garb. Even if BG does not work well with Shuriken, you could just sac one of them. But I don't know anything else. Maybe that's the limit of this archtype.

Just beat you. #rekt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Just beat you. #rekt
    Wanna play Bo5?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Wanna play Bo5?
    Only if I can get a copy of your deck list as well to be fair

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Only if I can get a copy of your deck list as well to be fair
    ***HERO***
    Loest, Savior of Layar

***Allies (16)***
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Priest of the Light
    4x Fatebreak Familiar
    2x Phoenix Urigon

***Abilities (17)***
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Supernova
    2x Rain Delay
    3x Bad Santa

***Items (6)***
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    4x Vial of Conjuring

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was having trouble using this deck against some rush opponents and made a minor change that seems to be helping. I replaced all 3 jasmines with 2 champion of irum and 1 agent Rex. These 3 cards are purely t2 bait for my opponent to try to take out while I gain time to resource myself higher. The champion is always a pain with a turn 3 ally out already and Rex gets lots of now your mine attention so night owl can survive. I never really had to extra 2 resources to spend on jasmines ability anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffoneye View Post
    I was having trouble using this deck against some rush opponents and made a minor change that seems to be helping. I replaced all 3 jasmines with 2 champion of irum and 1 agent Rex. These 3 cards are purely t2 bait for my opponent to try to take out while I gain time to resource myself higher. The champion is always a pain with a turn 3 ally out already and Rex gets lots of now your mine attention so night owl can survive. I never really had to extra 2 resources to spend on jasmines ability anyway.
    I use Jasmine's ability all the time. Classic T5 Lance is Jasmine, haste her, her ability on one ally and attack another. I think dropping her makes your Moonstalker matchup a nightmare.

About the 2 drops: you have to sac a better card you would not otherwise want to in order to play your two drop. Now you have one less card in hand. I find saccing decisions to be the most difficult aspect of Shadow Era, and I like to have as many choices as possible.

That's what so great about Night Owl - he replaces himself. If your opponent uses a card to kill him (Now You're Mine, etc), you instantly net +1 card value. They used a card to kill him, you used a card to play him (even so far), then you draw a card (+1 for you). This deck frequently wins through card advantage. Usually at the end of the game I am low on life with many cards while my opponent is at full HP with no cards. Then I hit him hard and win over two or three turns. That's just the nature of the deck - when your opponent is running out of steam, you're a steam factory (assuming you survived the onslaught). Watch some of my games; they probably seem like "miracle" wins with how low I get and how the deck starts fighting back. I'm sure my opponents think I got very lucky. Not luck at all though... Those "miracles" were sitting in my hand since turn 1 usually.

Lastly, as I previously mentioned, two drops interfere with Night Owl's stealth, which is what makes him so good on T3.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your right, it works much better with the jasmines. The turn 2 allies seemed to just clog me up as I started to player matches. I'm seeing a lot of players playing haste ally decks ATM with shard of power which are almost impossible to withstand. However with a regular paced deck this works excellent.