Close

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Another suggestion if you carry dawn raid, you will destroy his draw engine and his GR

But if it is powerful and I admit it is, some kind of nerf is not a problem..but I afraid this will destroy the tribe...
    GR isn't an item.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    I don't think much nerf required..

I mean

Warrior disable or kill by markshman and CP
    Rogues kill by assiassan
    Priests kill by tidal wave
    Wulven kill by NYM,DfA

Non is damage dependent

Those who suffer is BB, zaldaar and mage

Mages can use: CF, TC

Or just carry sheriks
    It's not just them - rogues also kill via allies and weapons - since we have no direct damage - ally damage is already greatly mitigated in moonstalker decks by frequent stealth. So when stealth is not being used, at least my allies could be doing some damage, but grave resistance reduces that. I only get 4 assassinations in a deck and some undead allies don't even die to Assassination (just return to hand). On top of that, most human allies have only 2 or 3 attack, so reducing that by 1 is huge. So that combination of reduced damage frequent stealth and bouncing allies means that for any kind of consistency, rogue decks would have to build specifically to beat undead moonstalker (i.e. 4 retreats, 4 garth's concoctions, 4 assassinations). That kind of deck is unworkable vs anyone else. You could repeat the same argument for hunters and warriors.

Come to think of it, my only issue with the card is that moonstalker combo. I probably wouldn't have any issues with it if it were a hunter or mage only card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    It's not just them - rogues also kill via allies and weapons - since we have no direct damage - ally damage is already greatly mitigated in moonstalker decks by frequent stealth. So when stealth is not being used, at least my allies could be doing some damage, but grave resistance reduces that. I only get 4 assassinations in a deck and some undead allies don't even die to Assassination (just return to hand). On top of that, most human allies have only 2 or 3 attack, so reducing that by 1 is huge. So that combination of reduced damage frequent stealth and bouncing allies means that for any kind of consistency, rogue decks would have to build specifically to beat undead moonstalker (i.e. 4 retreats, 4 garth's concoctions, 4 assassinations). That kind of deck is unworkable vs anyone else. You could repeat the same argument for hunters and warriors.

Come to think of it, my only issue with the card is that moonstalker combo. I probably wouldn't have any issues with it if it were a hunter or mage only card.
    I also think that moonstalker is the problem (as per usual). I already suggested simply taking the card away from him in the other thread:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....143#post517143

Dunno why we have the same thread twice, maybe someone could merge them together?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A) i didn't see the other thread it was buried lol

B) the other one is challenging the validity of 0cc cards more than is gr. op?
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post
    A) i didn't see the other thread it was buried lol

B) the other one is challenging the validity of 0cc cards more than is gr. op?
    no problem, i didn't mean to criticize you.
    i just wanted to make sure that we don't have to type everything twice.
    if someone can join the threads, that would be nice. if not, we can just continue here, since i don't think anybody is really against 0cc on principle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel GR gives insane value for 0cc as compared to the other 0cc card in the set, Lythian Shackles. That alone makes me wonder about it.

I actually feel it's more powerful in Banebow. It plus Harbinger on T2, even going second will almost ALWAYS give you the breathing room to cast Tombstone and allow you to control the board regardless. It really reduces tempo loss in early game. In MS is does mean you can fire your stealth later as your allies are more survivable.

In short, I think it could do with a duration reduction. I don't want to raise the cost because it is an interesting (if annoying) card.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GR + MS = allies are either protected by stealth or GR, making it tough to deal with
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Duration 2.9

Problem solved.
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...how about making its durability wear off on your opponents turn like its on Rain Delay so that u cannot chain several of them?
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whether you consider nerfing this card or not consider this ....

What you are doing is Meta shifting...GR has shifted much the meta..Which made weapon based heroes as amber or others, and Mage burn decks at a lower tier.. It also Increased the Tier of Banebow and MS

Nerfing this card is not a simple decision..You have to keep in mind that it is one of the most important SF cards.. It will Make Mage and weapon heroes go back slightly hier tier and will weaken both MS and Banebow , which are both Tier 1 heroes now
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild