Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama77 View Post
    rly? i am happy that solo dc isnt anymore. i hate solo heroes, so boring to play against. back in dp i always played dc with allies and it is not that bad, not tier 1 but just try it out with sf. i know if u do not play solo dc, with allied dc you have to activate ur brain while playing.
    You must've never tried solo-DC at higher level play lol... controlling the board with just your hero against an opponent's arsenal can require a lot of thought and planning (and baiting). The reason it's less viable now are the "big butt" allies in SF (4+ or 5+ life) - sadly in this game's mechanics, it rewards big butts rather than big blades. (if an ally can last, it can be useful, if it's fragile, it's almost useless)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    (if an ally can last, it can be useful, if it's fragile, it's almost useless)
    Would like to see cards like Marksman become 2/4 for that very reason, he is good and situational now but he is also a dead drop most times when he does not kill on summon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you could cancel Aramia's ability you would be able to see the order of Cards in your deck. And if you decide not to activate it your deck won't be shuffled. So you always know which Card Comes next....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Would like to see cards like Marksman become 2/4 for that very reason, he is good and situational now but he is also a dead drop most times when he does not kill on summon
    Interesting - I don't play warrior, but I've considered this card very strong, since warriors almost always run 4x Crippling blows, Marksman combos so well with them to kill almost anything, and gives you a respectable ally as well. I suppose it's somewhat situational, but it's a situation that warriors can reliably create, and do so regardless of what deck they play. Is this why I don't see Boris so much anymore?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You must've never tried solo-DC at higher level play lol... controlling the board with just your hero against an opponent's arsenal can require a lot of thought and planning (and baiting). The reason it's less viable now are the "big butt" allies in SF (4+ or 5+ life) - sadly in this game's mechanics, it rewards big butts rather than big blades. (if an ally can last, it can be useful, if it's fragile, it's almost useless)
    I never said solo dc is One of the very good heroes. Did not See him often in tourneys back in dp or now in sf, i just said it is boring to play against and u Do not need to think much. I tried solo dc in One external and one internal 16player touraments. In one i reached semis But for a win solo dc is the wrong Deck.

I play in a higher lvl of se and i Know dc isnt Made for tourney scene. He s more like, i say it in your words:lol.

You dont Know me so stop talking about things u cant say for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's interesting how often people mistakenly claim that "troll decks" take no thought / skill.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

To echo the poster above, having Solo DC struggling is not really a bad thing. People who like to play solo will do so anyway, but at least his power level is not encouraging people who value winning above all else to go the solo route. Back in 1.28 (?), people went solo DC just because it was strong.
    Ugh? I don t see the point here. Isnt it the Same for all net deckers? That s why you always see the Same decks over and over, because they re strong. I wouldnt mind playing versus a few solo DC sometimes between all those discard zal and ud ms. Card games are about variety right? So i dont see what was wrong with solo DC.
    And btw allied DC sucks big time too. DC sucks so much noone ever plays him. You might as well delete the Card.
    And while other weak heroes having a buff (which is great), DC wont get anything just because of that bad memory of solo DC in 1.28.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sadly in this game's mechanics, it rewards big butts rather than big blades.
    Now i understand why jasmine is so stronk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    To echo the poster above, having Solo DC struggling is not really a bad thing. People who like to play solo will do so anyway, but at least his power level is not encouraging people who value winning above all else to go the solo route. Back in 1.28 (?), people went solo DC just because it was strong.
    Business wise its a bad thing. I'm very confused by this kind of statement. You should want all 32 heroes to be playable and attractive to the fan base. Darkclaw and Gwen are tailor-made to be solo heroes. 1.28 is long gone and they have a gazillion of bad matchup.

Considering the amount of time we are spending in the beta phase its hard to beleive we can't even try to make them good.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    Business wise its a bad thing. I'm very confused by this kind of statement. You should want all 32 heroes to be playable and attractive to the fan base. Darkclaw and Gwen are tailor-made to be solo heroes. 1.28 is long gone and they have a gazillion of bad matchup.

Considering the amount of time we are spending in the beta phase its hard to beleive we can't even try to make them good.
    OK, since you are confused, I will clarify that I meant that it's not a bad thing that Solo DC is not Tier 1. Anywhere below that is fine by me, and ideally he's Tier 2.

And we don't know he isn't Tier 2. For example, it seemed to be an accepted thing that Logan was the worst of the worst and then some people put effort into making a decent deck for him and we realised actually he wasn't that bad. I'm convinced if the effort is put in, then someone will find at least one solid Darkclaw deck too.

In the mean time, I'm not losing sleep while Solo DC is not dominating the meta. Hope that helps.